Options

Opinion Question Regarding Applicability Of Experience

stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
Good day! I am extremely interested in taking the CISSP exam.

Besides passing the test and getting an endorsement from a current CISSP, you are required to have five years experience in two of the ten domains. The two domains that I have had full-time experience with are physical security (7yrs) and Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning (22yrs). All of my experience is military related, so I don't know what the applicability standard is and if I would qualify.

Physical Security - I maintained internal, external, and facility security/access control. Most of the systems I provided security for were computing related.

Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery Planning - I worked in a Crisis Action Team Incident Command Center and an Emergency Operations Center, guiding and directing disaster recovery operations, both real world and simulated.

To those who have achieved this certification, would my experiences in those two domains meet the time/domain requirements? I wasn't officially in IT at the time. Would that disqualify me? Every thing I've read about those two domains, specifically, was exactly what I did and/or planned for.

Thoughts? Comments?

Thank you,
Jim
The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me

Comments

• Options
    emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    Ahh you're totally in as long as someone can verify your experience in case you get audited.

You don't have anything to worry about as far as I can tell. Some of the sketchy ones are those who say they were on an infosec team when all they did was sit across the room and watch the guys who were doing infosec engineering.
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thank you for the reply, emerald_octane. I appreciate the feedback.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me