Options

Beware of this shoddy test facility in NJ

sconklinsconklin Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello, all. I am usually not a complainer but, this may help someone out by not having to go through what i did today at E-Tek training in Carlstadt NJ. Today I was scheduled to take MS 70-270. I had switched from my usuall testing site (Solartech NJ) becuase i wanted to add a week of studying before I sat for the test. When I arrived at the testing facility I realized it was in for trouble, the place was filthy and wreaked of smoke, I see a guy come out scrambling with some cables, and tells me " we just got hit by a virus, your going to have to re-schedule, or you can take your chances and hope the computer does'nt lock up on you". The second thing I notice is the testing equipment was in the lobby of a common area, not isolated from noise, people, phone conversations, and was beat up so bad it had footprints on the PC cases. I always thought you where supposed to get a segragated area free of distractions, atleast that was what I was accustomed to at past test sites. The place was just an office above a warehouse, holes in the ceiling cables run along the floor. I tried to reschedule at a different location in the next 24 to 48 hours but nothing was available, so I have no choice than to go back to this place again tomorow morning and hope their lousy crap box PC's are working and their network is free of viruses and my test score doesn't get lost. I have been to a 2 other prometric and 1 pearson vue test facilities, but this was a disgrace. I am sorry for the long post, but others should know about this place in NJ before choosing it as a test site, I should have walked in and looked to, but you would think Thomson and even M$ would look into the places and set standards, but I guess there just after your money anyway.
Shawn

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I'm not familar with there being a required separate area for testing to be free from noise and such. The test center needs to provide a proctor to ensure there is no cheating and they also need to verify that you are who you say you are.

That's too bad you ran into this, but sort of submitting a written letter to Vue or Prometric (you didn't state which this site was), I wouldn't test there again.

Unfortunately, I doubt they did anything 'wrong'. Just makes it a bit more unnerving for the candidate.

(I get that. While taking my 70-210, the computer froze twice and two exhibits would not view. When I requested assistance with the computer I was told I was SOL and that if I failed I could submit a written complaint....fortunately I passed...but I had my doubts what the end of the test would yield).
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    sconklinsconklin Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It is a prometric testing facility, all of the other facilities I have used you could have compared to a library, but anyway, I'm not gonna let this get to me, I just wanna go in there tomorow and kill this exam with a pass.
    Shawn
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    That's it! Knock it out of the park :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?