Options

Easy instilling apps on new PC

DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
https://ninite.com/

This seems quite a decent little tool for getting the common apps on a new windows PC. Simple tick the apps you want (and it included things like 7zip, winscp, putty, avg, office), and it will provide an installed that download all apps from the manufactures web site, and installs them (with out any of that nasty add on's like tool bars).

I think i will keep it book marked.
  • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
  • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.

Comments

• Options
    it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    I use that website religiously. Additionally, if you have an app already installed but it is an old version, it will update them.

You also have Get Mac Apps - Install Multiple Apps With Ease for mac and Ninite for Linux for ubuntu.
  • Options
    devils_haircutdevils_haircut Member Posts: 284 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That's a nice little tool. I didn't know anything like that existed. Definitely something I can use at work. We reload systems quite frequently in the shop. I notice it doesn't seem to support Adobe Flash though, unless I'm overlooking it.
  • Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Bookmarked! I am learning that this is a time consuming task. Thanks for the link!
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I should try this but over the years I sort of adopted a "install it as I need it" and over time I was installing less and less stuff.
  • Options
    Bill3rdshiftBill3rdshift Member Posts: 36 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am testing this out right now. Seems to be much simpler than creating an AutoIT script. Although AutoIT has made strides towards simplicity, it is still challenging. Check it out:

AutoItScript - AutoItScript Website

You can create scripts to install applications with the specific settings that you want e.g. Install CCleaner but chose to skip the toolbar install, you know the drill. Plus now you can click and drag instead of using just code.
    Reading: Incident Response & Disaster Recovery, Server 2008r2 Administration, IT Security Interviews Exposed
    Telecom Info Page: http://telecom.tbi.net
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Free version is nice. But the payment scheme they have for the full version is a little over the top if you ask me.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    WhiteoutWhiteout Member Posts: 248
    +1 for night night
    Never stop learning.
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've been a long time fan of using this. Good to see it still running