Options

70-413 and 70-414 Resources

2»

Comments

• Options
    netBoogernetBooger Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Here is a compilation of material for the 70-414 that I found and am using to study along with the CBT Nuggets.

MCP Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure (70-414)

And here is the one I used to pass the70-413 in addition to CBT Nuggets and the Exam Ref book.

MCP Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure (70-413)
  • Options
    alokin123alokin123 Member Posts: 268
    this is useful for 70-414 as well:

Mellquist.dk » MCSE 70-414
  • Options
    alokin123 wrote: »
    careeracademy was running a competition on their facebook page giving away a free course to people who liked their page and i managed to win a free course. I have asked for 70-413 so will see if they give it to me and advise of the quality. I am a bit short on cash because of other priorities so nice if this turns out to be a good exam prep.

I might also add that the careeracademy training for 70-413 is very lousy. I am glad i got free access. How they can charge $495 is beyond me. There is no coverage of VMM topic and the funny part i found was about domain renaming. The video was basically "don't do it; its to hard." No explanation of the steps involved.
  • Options
    elad123elad123 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    any one tried Video 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure ? I didn't even know measureup did video training. Cost is completely ridiculously at $495 but thought it would at least be worth asking if anyone here had used it.

I have a hard time reading technet to study for exams, reading a technet article for a specific technology when your at work is one thing, but going through hundreds of technet pages in the space of a few weeks to study for an exam kind of drives me nuts. Really hope someone releases a book in the near future for this exam.
  • Options
    elad123 wrote: »
    any one tried Video 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure ? I didn't even know measureup did video training. Cost is completely ridiculously at $495 but thought it would at least be worth asking if anyone here had used it..

I have a feeling these are the videos from careeracademy: Exam 70
    Don't know if its worth it. This reseller has it cheaper if you do want it.: 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure

Its really annoying that Measureup and Transcender would release practice exams for 70-413 and not for 70-414 when you need to pass both to become an MCSE.
  • Options
    netBoogernetBooger Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I personally can't justify spending $500 on CBT videos for a single Microsoft test, or any other study material for a Microsoft test. As for a 70-414 book, I wouldn't hold your breath especially since the test is changing next month. The earliest you will likely see a 70-414 book is in July when the official Exam Ref releases (assuming it doesn't get delayed again).
  • Options
    There is a possibilty R2 might be in the MCSE exams as early as the 7th of April...

Look at the last post on this blog:

MCSA: Windows 8 and MCSA: Windows Server 2012 exams to be updated January 28, 2014 - Born to Learn - Born To Learn - Born to Learn
  • Options
    netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    this page says April 24th, I sure hope so, I am taking both on the 21st
  • Options
    confirmed for the 7th of April... I do 70-413 tomorrow. Not sure about 70-414. Surely they have known for a while what the new exam objectives are going to be.

• Options
    netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    So I took the test today to try and beat the update on the 7th and guess what, the test was loaded with tons of R2 stuff which I was not ready for.