Options

What do you think was the greatest invention of all times?

Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
Going back time and history from the first technological invention, in your own opinion what do you think was the greatest/best innovation that was invented in IT and abroad in technology?

-In my opinion i think, time was the best invention of all time, because it brought order and control of periods, if there was no time i would wake up at 10am to get prepared for work. What is yours?

Comments

• Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Snow.bros wrote: »
    Going back time and history from the first technological invention, in your own opinion what do you think was the greatest/best innovation that was invented in IT and abroad in technology?
    To produce or contrive (something previously unknown) by the use of ingenuity or imagination.

The candle.

It's one of the few inventions that improved quality of life without eliminating any jobs. ;)
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The loo ....
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    jibbajabba wrote: »
    The loo ....
    haha - Necessity is the mother of invention!

the microprocessor, I was going to say the Internet but without the microprocessor none of that would have happened, and without electricity would have neither... damn it... now I can't decide between Microprocessor, the Internet or electricity icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    charlemagnecharlemagne Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□

-In my opinion i think, time was the best invention of all time, because it brought order and control of periods, if there was no time i would wake at 10am to get prepared for work. What is yours?

The printing press.
  • Options
    W StewartW Stewart Member Posts: 794 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The GNU core utilities
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Fiber optics!!!
  • Options
  • Options
    yuddhidhtiryuddhidhtir Member Posts: 197 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Books, apart from all the basic things which we take for granted.
    “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment; full effort is full victory.”
  • Options
    redzredz Member Posts: 265 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Microsoft Windows.

Obviously.
  • Options
    Books, apart from all the basic things which we take for granted.

That's true but, for me it will depend on the book i am reading, i find it difficult to read a book that is not appealing to my interest and i like having knowledge about most of the things but sometimes you can't read everything and this does not mean i am taking books for granted.
  • Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Money $$$$ - Would you like to trade a 26" monitor for half of a sheep :D
  • Options
    bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The printing press.

Dang! I was beaten to it.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    That's true but, for me it will depend on the book i am reading, i find it difficult to read a book that is not appealing to my interest and i like having knowledge about most of the things but sometimes you can't read everything and this does not mean i am taking books for granted.

Easily #1 - The Saturn V rocket - the most powerful, the most badass machine this world have ever seen, and will probably never be equaled.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturn_V

Honorable mention:

The wheel.

Football.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The scientific method.
  • Options
    ratbuddyratbuddy Member Posts: 665
    I have to go with the transistor.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    colemic wrote: »
    Easily #1 - The Saturn V rocket - the most powerful, the most badass machine this world have ever seen, and will probably never be equaled.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturn_V

Have you ever studied rocket science?
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    I don't know about "Greatest", but one of my favorites is Air Conditioning.
  • Options
    Have you ever studied rocket science?

I'm almost afraid to answer 'no.' LOL

Go ahead and school me...
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    The answer is obviously sliced bread.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    Electricity would have to be way up there since it is the conduit for most other things being mentioned.

Or the cheeseburger. (I'm headed to lunch soon).
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Alcohol!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    LarryDaMan wrote: »
    Electricity would have to be way up there since it is the conduit for most other things being mentioned.

Or the cheeseburger. (I'm headed to lunch soon).
    Electricity of course but the poster mentioned IT so I was under the assumption that electricity was before the term information technology was coined.
  • Options
    Just a side point but electricity wasn't invented, just discovered... at least that's how I understand it.
  • Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    Just a side point but electricity wasn't invented, just discovered... at least that's how I understand it.
    N2IT wrote: »
    Electricity of course but the poster mentioned IT so I was under the assumption that electricity was before the term information technology was coined.

The original poster also said his choice was "time" and someone said sliced bread and another said alcohol, so I didn't stick to any rules. I guess it is correct to say electricity was harnessed and utilized and not technically "invented".

It's Friday fun.
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Definitely definitely agree with this! A/C is the best!
    SharkDiver wrote: »
    I don't know about "Greatest", but one of my favorites is Air Conditioning.
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    @ Larry wasn't trying to be snarky I was just making note I agree with you. (I suppose discovery rather than invented makes sense as well)
  • Options
    I'm almost afraid to answer 'no.' LOL

Go ahead and school me...

I am asking you out of curiosity because in my world I've never heard anyone who does, i thought it would be interesting know someone who does study rocket science, you know these terms about rocket science.
  • Options
    TrifidwTrifidw Member Posts: 281
    -In my opinion i think, time was the best invention of all time, because it brought order and control of periods, if there was no time i would wake up at 10am to get prepared for work. What is yours?

Time didn't really matter in the sense of 10am until the invention (and use of) trains though.

I'm thinking something more along the lines of a tool that allowed things to be manufactured that weren't possible before. Maybe a Vernier scale?

J1NMbq2.jpg

?
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Time was no more invented than was gravity. Maybe clock for mesuring time accurately was a great invention but not time it's self.

In fact clocks where a great invention, they allowed people out of sight and hearing from each other to keep In sync. And think about internal to computers, network transmission and gps. All require highly accurate clocks to work.

Personal I think it's pointless to try to chose the greatest invention there are so man and with out so many we wold not have the society we do. I suppose the original that started it all was language which gave us the ability to communicate ideas to each other, with out his there would be very few other inventions and none we could talk about.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.