Options

ICND2 Passed!!!

101010101010 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed the ICND2 this morning! Big thanks to everyone on TE, also a shout out to Mrock4. His recent Frame-Relay class clarified several points, and as such I was much more confident when those questions came up.

Resources I used:

- CCNA ICND2 Official Cert Guide (Odom)
- Chris Bryant's Udemy Boot Camp video series
- Boson ExSim-Max Practice Exams

I liked the Boson exams from my ICND1 Studies and the one for ICND2 were just as good, but a bit weak on IPv6. Of the half dozen random practice exams I took, I was only ever presented with one IPv6 question.

Now to switch gears a bit and dig into the SPSE material.
2017 Goals:
[x] GCIH

"Well if you're going to have delusions of grandeur, may as well go for the really satisfying ones." - Marcus, Babylon 5

Comments

• Options
    gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Shout out to MRock4 as well. I was in the class too and it was fast, but it solidified a lot of stuff.
    How did you feel about the Udemy videos?
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • Options
    101010101010 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The Udemy videos were well done. Chris Bryant makes a good video. I tried watching the the INE ones and while the instructor knows his stuff, it tends to get a bit dry.
    2017 Goals:
    [x] GCIH

"Well if you're going to have delusions of grandeur, may as well go for the really satisfying ones." - Marcus, Babylon 5
  • Options
    smcclenaghansmcclenaghan Member Posts: 139
    Congrats 101010!

Regarding Boson... well I've been less than thrilled with the ICND2 series. A few of the sims have been buggy (not pinging when they should, giving errors when doing telnets, etc...) and a handful of the questions were misleading.

I think the sim that annoyed me most was when I was asked to configure ospf on frame relay and to be sure I included all networks. They all happened to be in 10.0.0.0/8 so used a 'network 10.0.0.0 0.255.255.255 area 10' command, and found not only were the devices not pingable, but ospf didn't even neighbor because of that. That was frustrating.

In their defense, all that bugginess did help me learn the material far better than I would have otherwise. (In the example above, I went so far as to try adding broadcast to a few of the frame-relay map commands, even though that wasn't the way to go..)

I'm glad for the Boson experience. I'm very unhappy that I spent $70 on it though.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"