Passed SY0-311 today! Please study acronyms folks

camomancamoman Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all! I am so relieved that I passed the Sec+ exam today. I did not answer the last three questions and time ran out but I managed to get a 755 (not the greatest score) but I passed. There were some diagram matching questions and a lot of IPSec questions so know that. Also know what SCP and LDP is because my mind went blank on those lol. Not a lot of threat problems but know the Business Continuity and Incident stuff as well.

Comments

• blackberrycubedblackberrycubed Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass.

What is LDP ? did you mean LDAP ?
  • camomancamoman Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks and no for some reason there was a question on there twice referring to LDP. I was confused first because I thought about LDAP which I know but it wasn't.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • shart1971shart1971 Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass!!
  • Jhon ArthurJhon Arthur Banned Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congrats on the pass.

Interesting that they would put LDP in there. Unless they're referring to something else, LDP is the low-level editor used to view and modify Active Directory objects. Microsoft's Active Directory is an LDAP-based directory (Ldp). Not surprised to hear that SCP was on your exam though. It's mentioned in the objectives a couple of times.

Good luck with your next adventure.
  • teancum144teancum144 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Perhaps LDP in the exam is referring to Label Distribution Protocol:
    Label Distribution Protocol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "A protocol in which routers capable of Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) exchange label mapping information."

Do you remember from the context of the question which is more likely?
    If you like my comments or questions, you can show appreciation by clicking on the reputation badge/star icon near the lower left of my post. :D
  • camomancamoman Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    teancum144 wrote: »
    Perhaps LDP in the exam is referring to Label Distribution Protocol:
    Label Distribution Protocol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "A protocol in which routers capable of Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) exchange label mapping information."

Do you remember from the context of the question which is more likely?

Thanks guys! And yes the question was something like where would you implement LDP..Answers were like Mail Server, Active Directory, Firewall, etc..not sure of the exact answer wording but now that you mentioned it I think it was Label Distribution Protocol.
  • Aidan AikenAidan Aiken Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats On Pass
  • harrymaster3harrymaster3 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your result.
  • Maurice0422Maurice0422 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, thanks for the heads up!
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • hosein2000mrhosein2000mr Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulation .... Hope every success in the future :)

What resources did you use?
  • horusthesunhorusthesun Member Posts: 289
  • blackberrycubedblackberrycubed Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think what you saw on the test was not LDP but DLP "data loss prevention" :)
  • lawrence_of_arabialawrence_of_arabia Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think what you saw on the test was not LDP but DLP "data loss prevention" :)

That would make sense. I can't imagine why they would ask questions regarding LDP. I did however notice a surprising amount of disaster recovery type of stuff.
  • lawrence_of_arabialawrence_of_arabia Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Oh, congrats BTW!