Options

CCIE Thread: The right time.

Comments

• Options
    Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    I guess. I'll wait till the new topology come out and see how they set up the DMVPN schema. I think they will be replacing WAN set up to DMVPN set up :P
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • Options
    fredrikjjfredrikjj Member Posts: 879
    I'm looking forward to the GNS3 post, and I'd also love a follow up to your "interviewing network engineers" post. With regards to GNS3, I'd like to see how the most recent IOU leaks handle stuff like the FHRPs and whatever else that didn't really work when I used it.
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Dieg0M wrote: »
    I guess. I'll wait till the new topology come out and see how they set up the DMVPN schema. I think they will be replacing WAN set up to DMVPN set up :P

Yeah more than likely in my opinion
  • Options
    INE V5 workbook is out, gonna start this workbook tomorrow while I wait for IPexpert v5.
  • Options
    I am booked for a 5day bootcamp with IPexpert october 6th 2014. I also have scheduled my first lab attempt the 8th December 2014 in Toronto. IPexpert workbooks should be out the 1st June, a bumpy road is ahead and many many lab hours to come. I have pretty much covered every topic in the exam except for DMVPN's. I have worked with DMVPN's for 2 years at the DoD so I am not too worried about these. At this point, it is all about practice, speed and efficiency.
  • Options
    I guess I should update this thread. I have been reading the IPexpert QoS and Multicast books and they are really really good. However, IPexpert has not released their v5 workbooks that they have promised for almost a month now. I am very dissapointed in them right now and hopefully they can release it soon so I can start labbing on v5 topology/content. I will be writing a couple of articles on my blog soon. Again, Bootcamp Oct 6th - 11 and Lab date set to 8th December 2014.
  • Options
    Upgraded my bootcamp from 5 days to 10 days. 20-31st october 2014 and Lab date still set to 8th december. Gonna start giving a big study push starting monday.
  • Options
    lrblrb Member Posts: 526
    Nice man! Where would you say you were at at this exact time with regards to passing the lab? Would you be confident in passing the core topics (L2, IGPs, BGP)?
  • Options
    Yes for sure. L2, IGP's, BGP, multicast, L3VPNs, QoS are good to go. Still have to work with DMVPN's in mock lab scenarios as I have done them only in production networks. I'm sure theres some CCIE stuff I don't know about them. What worries me the most are the obscure services, security features and NAT's (not just NAT alone but how it inter-operates with other protocols). We will see at the bootcamp what are my REAL weakness's as I believe the labs will expose them.
  • Options
    Officially paid today for my first lab attempt in Toronto in 3 months. Been going through 360 Mock labs as IPexpert havnt released theirs yet. 3 month countdown starts now, time to increase the hours.
  • Options
    bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    Wow. Your progressive is very impressive! You are crashing through your stuides, I hope I can take some inspiration from your blog when I begin my IE studies! Good luck! icon_thumright.gif
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • Options
    I was supposed to start a 2 week bootcamp with IPexpert on Monday but they cancelled it last minute. I have asked for a reimbursement and they have refused to answer even after I left several messages. Anyone trying to choose a vendor, I would suggest to go with INE or 360 and NOT IPexpert. Since Marko has left IPexpert the company has become sub par to all the other vendors.

On another note, I got a new job and starting in 2 weeks as a Senior Network Administrator. Salary increase + signing bonus with a lot of perks (free catered food everyday, bus/subway pass paid, resting areas, gym paid, 20-30% bonus each year). Also, they have agreed to increase my salary when I pass the CCIE R&S.

The next 2 months will be hard. Starting a new job is not easy. Add to that that the pressure of having to study for the CCIE lab at the same time... I hope this wont be too much.
  • Options
    routergodsroutergods Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Dieg0M wrote: »
    I was supposed to start a 2 week bootcamp with IPexpert on Monday but they cancelled it last minute. I have asked for a reimbursement and they have refused to answer even after I left several messages.

That's pretty scary and quite a bit of money on the table. Hope you get it back.
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Bummer about IPExpert's bootcamp. I'm actually going to go with them for my CCIE DC bootcamp next April. INE's stuff has been.. umm... disappointing. Especially the workbooks and some of the video sets. I'm sure they do great on the R&S side of things though. Jason Lunde (another TE'er) and Wayne Lawson are pretty active over on the IPExpert Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/iPexpertCCIEDataCenter.StudyGroup). I would recommend escalating over there and you should probably get a response fast.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    I can highly recommend Narbik's bootcamp and workbooks when you get your money back. Very simple topologies and his explanations on some of the trickier topics (QoS and multicast for example) in the workbooks were well worth the cost for me.

Congrats on the new job by the way!
  • Options
    Day 2 of full time training, yesterday being my first day off work. Reviewed DOC-CD and went through the topics I'm less familiar with like NAT, AAA features, Netflow, Reg Exp and PPPoE. After that, I did IPexpert full mock lab that took me around 8 hours as I got stuck a couple of times and didn't want to look at answers. Reviewed IPv6 redistribution scenarios and watched NAT video from INE. Tomorrow doing 4 or 5 TSHOOT labs from 360.
  • Options
    Day 5, finished 360v5 10x TSHOOT labs and 5x Full Mock Labs. Watched INE videos on DMVPN's and OSPF and spent some time labbing on Filtering/Cost manipulation in different type of area's (IA, EX, O). I will finish 360's Mock Lab's this weekend.
  • Options
    silver145silver145 Member Posts: 265 ■■□□□□□□□□
    how useful have you found the cisco 360 labs + tshoot to gauge your progress?
  • Options
    They are really good, I highly recommend them. Can't tell you yet if they compare to the real exam but it should be fairly similar as they have been created by Cisco.
  • Options
    Spent 86 hours during the past 2 weeks studying. Finished 360 7x first Mock Labs. Spent a lot of time on DMVPN's, NAT and IPSEC, L3VPN/mBGP problems. Feel tired and dizzy. Another 4 weeks of studying and I will relax a little bit during the last week before my lab date Dec 8th.
  • Options
    silver145silver145 Member Posts: 265 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    28 days remaining until exam day. At this point I do not have time to prepare other than on the weekends. My new job is taking a lot of my time and spare bandwidth, I guess I will just try and hope for the best.
  • Options
    Good luck mate!
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Good luck, I'll cross everything for you!
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Reviewed some DMVPN behind NAT and with multicast scenarios. Going through old v4 mock labs from IPexpert and switching the frame-relay parts with similar DMVPN set up to simulate NBMA. With my new job, things have been very stressful and I havent had a lot of time to study. I will try and push these next 2 weeks and get a lot of CLI practice before the exam.
  • Options
    1 week to go. See you guys on the other side.
  • Options
    broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good luck mate! Bring it home..
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    Good luck man you got this! Feel free to email me if I can help at all