Comments

• Options
    Lucas21Lucas21 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I wish you all the best!
  • Options
    Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
  • Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Good luck, man! come back with numbers. :)
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Good luck! Fingers crossed for you!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Time to bring those digits back. Go hit it!
  • Options
    kj0kj0 Member Posts: 767
    All the best, You've got this!
    2017 Goals: VCP6-DCV | VCIX
    Blog: https://readysetvirtual.wordpress.com
  • Options
    Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement. I just arrived at my hotel across the street from Cisco. I will keep you guys updated after tomorrow!
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • Options
    Waiting........
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Goodluck dude!
  • Options
    Wow. That exam was hard. I just got back from the exam and my head hurts. I am totally exhausted and confused. I literally got lost on the way back to the hotel. Quick overview: I think I failed T-SHOOT and/or CFG or passed one/both of them barely

TSHOOT: I solved all tickets but due to lack of time I think I might have solved them the wrong way. If the correction script is based on the output requested then I might be ok.

DIAG: Easy, any CCNP can pass it. I highly doubt I failed this.

CFG: There was one part that was not working for me. I don't want to go into too many details of what it was because of NDA but by failing this section, I couldn't get the correct output in many other sections. In this case, if the script is based on the output asked I will most likely fail CFG. I spent over 30 minutes trying to figure out the problem and honestly at this point I think there was a bug in one of the SP devices that we do not have control over and I should of asked the proctor to check. The real brain scratcher is I have configured this technology over 10-20 times easily and never seen this... so I am not sure.

If I fail the CFG section and pass TSHOOT I am considering having a re lecture done so all devices are rebooted. For now, I am going to go have a beer and relax. I'll think about what I did wrong another day but right now I am too fatigued to write more about it. I will keep you guys updated once I get my score.
  • Options
    silver145silver145 Member Posts: 265 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Cheers for the update, hopefully the outcome will be a positive one!
  • Options
    lrblrb Member Posts: 526
    Fingers crossed its good news for you mate! Even if it's not, you've at least seen the beast now so it won't be as intimidating as last time. Enjoy the beer and rest up
  • Options
    Thanks for the update! Waiting for good news
  • Options
    Fail. Both Tshoot and Config.
  • Options
    KelkinKelkin Member Posts: 261 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Doh! At least you have the experience of going through the lab. now take a minute.. brush yourself off.. formulate where your weak at.. and push forward :)
  • Options
    unlucky pal, brush it off and get the re-try booked.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear it man. But I completely agree with Kelkin and silver. Reschedule it now, don't let it get you down. You know what you need to study (though study everything), and more importantly, you know what the experience is actually like. I still have occasional nightmares, as I have no idea what that day will be like (4 months and 8 days, but who's counting ;) )

I have no doubt you can do this
  • Options
    fredrikjjfredrikjj Member Posts: 879
    You got it next time. Don't give up!
  • Options
    Lucas21Lucas21 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That's tough. But you have a really good idea about the lab exam now. You won't be as nervous next time. And if you use your experience and get good advice from other members here you'll be fine next time. Don't wait too long to seek advice in my opinion.
  • Options
    lrblrb Member Posts: 526
    Sorry to hear about the result man, take a few days off to get your mind off things and then start planning for that second attempt.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Tough luck mate, regroup and smash it in your next go!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    Thanks guys. Made a quick post on my blog of my experience at the exam. Hope it will help some of you guys taking the exam soon.
  • Options
    RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    Wow, you got it next time, hopefully the initial jitters are gone now and you can stress less this next time around. I decided i'm doing R&S so I feel for you, there is light at the end of your tunnel whereas all I see is fog : )
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • Options
    Well, first of all, my commiserations about failing the exam. That must suck a big hard one.

I've just read through your blog post and well, some of those comments don't fill me with confidence. I'm particularly concerned because I'm taking a mobile lab, but we'll see. I hope that you will regroup and get better luck for #2.

Will certainly take on board your comments about the "doing it the Cisco way" that seems to me what caught you out.

Also, I'm down £1200 ($1900) on this mobile lab to essentially spend 8 hours diddling with IOU. I hope this works well for me...
  • Options
    Just note gore, i have read that people only got 22" monitors on the mobile lab instead of 24" - Although small try and find out and if so get used to 22" :)
  • Options
    No chance - I use a 30" Dell at home, and a pair of 24"s at work - I'm spoiled for desktop space.
  • Options
    hahaha, I have the same worry about the screens, Gore. Have a 20 and a 30 on my desk here. I guess I could disable the 30 and just use the 20 for practice, but that makes me itch to even think about.
  • Options
    Great blog post, Dieg0M. Definitely some disappointing things, but overall, it seems like you did everything right, pass or not. Maybe next time find a hotel without a faulty fire alarm. :) It didn't seem like you did anything wrong per se, just as much bad luck as anything.

Next time. :)
  • Options
    I got a 22 inch screen, didn't know 24 inch was the norm. Definitely going to RTP for next attempt.
  • Options
    Haha get a 24" ordered ;)

Decided when next time is? depending on how you feel or the technologies you failed on, judge how long you believe you will need but dont leave it 3/4+ months as momentum will destroy you.

p.s whats RTP for next attempt mean?