joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Research Triangle Park, Cisco's North Carolina lab/office location
  • Options
    silver145silver145 Member Posts: 265 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ah cheers buddy :)
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck on the next attempt!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    You'll get it on 2nd attempt , keep at it :)
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • Options
    Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    I have tried to recreate the problem I encountered in the config section that I couldn't figure out on my lab date but it seems that I cannot recreate it. I have looked for several hours on the web and it seems to be related to a bug and is only fixed with reboot of the devices. I guess next time ill ask proctor to restart the SP devices.
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • Options
    Next attempt is booked for April 24rth 2015. Going over every topic again and will try to increase my speed for TSHOOT.
  • Options
    Glad to see you back on the proverbial horse!
  • Options
    Just got back from my 2nd attempt. Does not look like I will get my number this time. I might have passed TSHOOT and Config but I believe I totally bombed Diag. It was very tricky. I got stuck at the first question and forgot about time. I had 8 minutes left when I looked at the time. I believe I might have got question 2 and I didnt even have time to find the problem for question 3. I guess I will reschedule in 3 months. Not sure how a lot of the other guys are passing the CCIE on their first attempt
  • Options
    NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    Its a very tough/rough test. I hope your work is paying for it.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear it man, but glad you're sticking with it. I had no better luck with mine last week.
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    So is that an official fail?

Might not all be over yet...
  • Options
    AwesomeGarrettAwesomeGarrett Member Posts: 257
    Remember the minimum score rule. If you believe you got the main sections and only one of the DIAG questions, there's still a chance.
  • Options
    ninjaturtleninjaturtle Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Head up mate! Be proud that you didn't give up after the 1st fail. If you did indeed fail this one, think of it as a practice lab. An expensive one? Sure, but with greatness comes a cost. In the end, it's all worth it. Digits will be yours soon!
    Current Study Discipline: CCIE Data Center
    Cisco SEAL, Cisco SWAT, Cisco DeltaForce, Cisco FBI, Cisco DoD, Cisco Army Rangers, Cisco SOCOM .ιlι..ιlι.
  • Options
    KelkinKelkin Member Posts: 261 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Keep at it brother.. you will get there :)
  • Options
    @gorebrush No it is not an official fail as I haven't received the results back yet. Probably will be on monday since Cisco does not correct on weekends. I would say there's maybe a 10% chance of passing judging how badly I did in DIAG + all the other unknown mistakes I might have committed.

Thank you everyone for the cheers and warm words. Looking back at when I started this thread almost 2 years ago, fresh out of the military and jobless, I realize now how naive I was thinking I could go for this cert in a couple of months. I've changed jobs twice since and spent over 900 hours and thousands of dollars on this cert and still feel like, even with all this knowledge and experience, anyone ona bad day can fail the CCIE.
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I commend you for keeping on going. The CCIE is a beast and a huge commitment but it's making you a better engineer by forcing you to understand and get more hands on. If the outcome isn't good, I would encourage you not to give up. I've looked at your blog from time to time and it's very well written. I think you are made of the good engineering stuff :)
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    Guess I was wrong on 2 things. Cisco does correct the exams on the weekends... And I did pass. Cheers

CCIE #48240
  • Options
    JobeneJobene Member Posts: 63 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! =)

It was a hell of a ride, but u made it
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    HUZZAH! Great job!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    AwesomeGarrettAwesomeGarrett Member Posts: 257
    See, what I tell ya. Congratulations!icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    fredrikjjfredrikjj Member Posts: 879
    That's ******* epic man. Good job.
  • Options
    Congrats!!! time to party!
    Whats next?
  • Options
    broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats man! You definitely deserve it.
  • Options
    NOC-Ninja wrote: »
    Congrats!!! time to party!
    Whats next?

Taking a break for a couple of weeks from studying... As you know, the CCIE grind can take a lot out of you. My health has seriously deteriorated since I started the CCIE. I used to be fit, run marathons and go to the gym 4-5 times per week. Since the CCIE commitment I have only been into a gym around 10 times in the past 2 years and lost around 30 pounds of muscle...

I'm gonna spend some time with the girlfriend, she has been an angel and very patient with me. I had to tell her almost every weekend that I couldn't leave the apartment because I had to study and it is still beyond me how she hasn't left me yet.

I'll also write some more blogs and give some tips to people on study approaches and technologies. Blogging is not the best way to grind for the CCIE. It is very time consuming and that is one of the main reasons I haven't posted a single blog since my last attempt.
  • Options
    I feel your pain. My girl waited for a long time. I still dont go out as much but not to the point where i was studying CCIE back then. Celebrate and go out with your girl.

You went through hell. Now you have that CCIE studying switch. You need to turn it off and relax. lol icon_thumright.gif
    Dieg0M wrote: »
    Taking a break for a couple of weeks from studying... As you know, the CCIE grind can take a lot out of you. My health has seriously deteriorated since I started the CCIE. I used to be fit, run marathons and go to the gym 4-5 times per week. Since the CCIE commitment I have only been into a gym around 10 times in the past 2 years and lost around 30 pounds of muscle...

I'm gonna spend some time with the girlfriend, she has been an angel and very patient with me. I had to tell her almost every weekend that I couldn't leave the apartment because I had to study and it is still beyond me how she hasn't left me yet.

I'll also write some more blogs and give some tips to people on study approaches and technologies. Blogging is not the best way to grind for the CCIE. It is very time consuming and that is one of the main reasons I haven't posted a single blog since my last attempt.
  • Options
    Congratulations man. Buy that girl something nice, I know how much my wife has put up with during my studying (and still is :) )
  • Options
    haha i love the 10% chance of passing post then BOOM - passed.

Congrats :)
  • Options
    joelsfood wrote: »
    Congratulations man. Buy that girl something nice, I know how much my wife has put up with during my studying (and still is :) )

Thanks Joel. Best of luck to you. I am actually buying her two baby kittens tonight, male and female. Here's a picture of them:

I know you will do well. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Way to go that is one heck of an achievement!! Just maintain your CCIE every 2 years now and you should never have to pursue another certification ever again in your life! And I thought I was bad@ss passing my CCNA. Do you have any good advice for CCNP? I just ordered the CCNP Switch Cisco press book and I have the Chris Bryant videos along with my Boson Netsim for CCNP.
  • Options
    For all of you interested in the full story of my pass attempt, you can read all details in my latest blog on RoutingNull0 - The Network Engineer Path

Thank you everyone on these forums for all the support. Without you I would of never been able to accomplish this.

Moderator please lock the thread as my CCIE R&S journey is over.