Options

Hi all !

gimcareygimcarey Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everybody.. :):)

this is hari a fresher working at NetDevices...
I graduated this year.. BE CSE from Anna Universitry, Chennai.

Decided to take on CC** series....

help me guys..

Comments

• Options
    QUIX0TICQUIX0TIC Member Posts: 277
    HUH icon_rolleyes.gif
    "To realize one's destiny is a person's only obligation."
  • Options
    hi QUIX0TIC,

unok?
  • Options
    Just confused on what you are asking?
  • Options
    Just tell me how to begin with ...
    Hav u taken any cert'n before?
  • Options
    Yes... I have taken mutliple certifications before... but you ask how to begin with what? What cert are you trying to get? If CCNA... then you can go to the cisco website and check the one test or two test option and then go from there.
  • Options
    yeah..
    I will check in the cisco site..
    i think CCNA is the correct certification for a beginner...right?
    will this certification test only concepts or needs some "CLI knowledge" also?
  • Options
    Ok.. lets start off with the very basics... Do you currently have any certifications now? A+, Net+, MCSA, MCSE? Do you have any of these?

Have you ever worked in the IT field before? Do you have a position or job as a Desktop support or engineer?

CCNA is not a good cert for a beginning or 1st cert. You should focus on your beginning certs A+ or Net+ so you can understand the concepts of computers and networking.

If you do have certifications... then yes, CCNA is the beginning cert for Cisco products.
  • Options
    Hey... You are mistaken..!! I am not a newbee to the whole IT field as you may think..

First of all I am a software engineer...working in a networking company..

Your concept is totally wrong. Why can't we take CCNA at the first shot?
    If i was wrong in making the statement as Beginner, then change it to "beginner in networking career"...
    I don't think A+ MCSE have anything to do for a Networking Engr.

My doubts will always be along the levels of " how to make the linux machine work as a
    router", " what is MPLS...."
    and not along the levels of "what is a briidge" "what is a switch"

I think i have made myself clear..

Thanks
    gimcarey..
  • Options
    mctoffermctoffer Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    gimcarey wrote:
    Hey... You are mistaken..!! I am not a newbee to the whole IT field as you may think..
    gimcarey..

if you are not a newbie anymore in the IT field, then you should know to research first, then ask....
  • Options
  • Options
    darkuserdarkuser Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hmmmm .....

if you want to run rip on a linux box just fire up routed .....
    and if you want ...
    you can just take the ccie written this week and the lab next week. the lower level certs are not required (or a prerequisite of ie) icon_twisted.gif
    rm -rf /
  • Options
    gimcarey wrote:

First of all I am a software engineer...working in a networking company..

Your concept is totally wrong. Why can't we take CCNA at the first shot?
    If i was wrong in making the statement as Beginner, then change it to "beginner in networking career"...
    I don't think A+ MCSE have anything to do for a Networking Engr.

My doubts will always be along the levels of " how to make the linux machine work as a
    router", " what is MPLS...."
    and not along the levels of "what is a briidge" "what is a switch"

I think i have made myself clear..

Thanks
    gimcarey..

If you took offense... I apologize. Not trying to sub-equate your knowledge/ experience into a lesser degree. Next time, you should format your question into a decisive question instead of posting such a vague question. No one knows who you are or your experience. Just as you do not know anyone elses experience on this board. If English or writing comprehension is not your first language... then I would agree with your previous post that you did not make yourself clear.

We are all here to help and not for you to get offended. I attempted to help but if you take offense... you must look at your past posts and respond to your own posts. Then if you can step back for a second and look at what you wrote specifically about the questions you wanted answered... then you will notice where we all came to the same conclusion that you were new to the IT field.

Look at your third post on this thread... "Just tell me how to begin with ...
    Hav u taken any cert'n before?" If this was anyone else but yourself... how would you interpet this statement?