Options

Passed icnd1

epicdeanepicdean Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
I finally passed my ccent exam with a 900. I would like to thank everyone on tech exams and it's great community. I study for about a 5 weeks using odems icnd1 book cbt nuggets and INE free ccna videos on YouTube. But I don't know if I should go ccna rs or ccna sec next.

Comments

• Options
    smcclenaghansmcclenaghan Member Posts: 139
  • Options
    D-starD-star Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, 75 points more than me. :D

The CCNA goes deeper into the routing aspect like RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, ACL, Frame-Relay and some switching stuff like VTP and STP. It will be a lot to handle to meet the 30th deadline if you weren't studying the new CCENT exam.
  • Options
    Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    Congrats!
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    WilyOneWilyOne Member Posts: 131
  • Options
    epicdeanepicdean Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am mostly a Linux system admin these days. But my work just got 2 nexus 7000k so it looks like I will be going after ccna data center next.
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Try to get your CCNA R&S too if you can afford it. Many IT folks know about CCNA more than CCNA Data Center.
  • Options
    SysnetNotesSysnetNotes Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats! CCNA DC will be great but if you can get the CCNA R&S along with that, it will be way better.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    PCSPrestonPCSPreston Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 127
    Well done. I recently got my CCENT as well.What's next?
  • Options
    Carpe PorcusCarpe Porcus Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    D-star wrote: »
    Congrats, 75 points more than me. :D

The CCNA goes deeper into the routing aspect like RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, ACL, Frame-Relay and some switching stuff like VTP and STP. It will be a lot to handle to meet the 30th deadline if you weren't studying the new CCENT exam.

????????????????????
    “I'm always admitting I'm wrong. That's how I eventually get to right.”
  • Options
    D-starD-star Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ????????????????????

I don't know how much i can talk about the ICND 2(640-816) but i was just listing the things that would be on the exam and not either found in the ICND 1(640-822) or covered in great detail. Maybe i should of clarified CCNA R&S.

Second part is that if he took the ICND 1(640-822) and not the ICND1(100-101) he might not be ready to take the ICND 1(640-822) so quickly.

Maybe I miss read his initial question.