Options

Cisco Certification wallet cards gone!?

D-starD-star Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
So I got my CCNA certification kit and felt no card inside prior to opening the envelope and to my surprise I did not find one inside. I freaked out and sent an email and this is the response I received.
"Be informed that on Jul-25-13, Cisco discontinued processing certification kits with certification IDs cards. Certification ID cards are no longer available.
The decision to discontinue wallet card was made by Learning@Cisco"

The CCENT and CCNA where my first certs and I am pretty proud of them and awaiting the CCNA card to show friends, coworkers, family, etc. I guess Cisco found them to be a waste and maybe Cisco Certification veterans too.

So in an interview do you give out your Cisco Number or email them your credentials through the Cisco site?

Comments

• Options
    smcclenaghansmcclenaghan Member Posts: 139
    Hm.. I didn't know they did that. I just got my CCENT card in the mail a month or so ago. Guess I won't get the CCNA one ;)

Yeah, I'd just give out the CCO# in interviews and on linkedin.
  • Options
    SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    Awww shucks... and I have this fancy little collection going myself. Bummer.
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)
  • Options
    Yeah, I'd just give out the CCO# in interviews and on linkedin.

Okay thanks, i guess that is what i will do.
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I received one when I got my CCENT, but not for my CCNA (July 31). Apparently, I missed the cutoff [to get a card] by less than a week. I don't remember receiving anything [other than an email] for my last M$ Cert. I got both a certificate and a card for my MCP (2001) and A+ (2001), but only a paper certificate for my Novell CNA (2000). It was nice to see that Cisco still sent a real welcome kit (Paper Certificate and Card) like back when I first started accruing certs.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ive never received anything for any certs I have earned. (besides CIW)
    Just emails telling me where to print the Certificate.
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    The wallet cards were a cool concept but they all just end up gathering dust in my closet along with the CompTIA wallet cards.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    All of my wallet cards stayed in the certification packet along with the certificate and such. Shame they didn't do like microsoft and list all the credentials you held from Cisco.... though it could have ended up as a very long list for some people.

In the end exams get more expensive and the rewards are less tangible.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • Options
    netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My first MS MCP (Proxy Server 2.0) came with a welcome kit that had a certificate, a lapel pin and a wallet card. While the pin and card are mostly a waste it still makes people feel nice to get something tangible.
  • Options
    SysnetNotesSysnetNotes Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I got one with my CCNA that i passed on 2007.I rewrite CCNA and CCNP R&S this year.I think i am gonna miss card this time
  • Options
    netsysllc wrote: »
    While the pin and card are mostly a waste it still makes people feel nice to get something tangible.

That is pretty much how I felt, i will just carry my CCENT card around as a reference.