Options

Whooo Passed ICND2 !!

dotcom85dotcom85 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Took the exam today and passed with 944 :D , i was trying to kill before 30 sept and finally did it :D..

its easy if you really know the concepts that's what i learned from this site, i wanna thank all the members, for the encouragement and motivation ... Studied CBT Nuggets (Jeremy he is really a star) Todd Lammle CCNA book , and of course google if u know what am saying :D

What is next? thats is on my mind , any advice where to go from here , i dont have currently a job, i was thinking not to go CCNP without job, but what about CCNA Security or CCNA VOICE? thnx in advance

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Nothing better than passing on a Friday, enjoy your weekend :D
  • Options
    smcclenaghansmcclenaghan Member Posts: 139
    Nice work! I bet that feels awesome!
  • Options
    D-starD-star Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. I was thinking of the same thing about having a future employer bank roll my CCNP exam. icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • Options
    uneeqstylezzuneeqstylezz Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dotcom85 wrote: »

What is next? thats is on my mind , any advice where to go from here , i dont have currently a job, i was thinking not to go CCNP without job, but what about CCNA Security or CCNA VOICE? thnx in advance

Keep in mind the more Certs you get, the more you are expected to know..

After earning 2 Associates and a couple of Bachelors of Sciences I understand to well about over educating yourself.

I recommend to focus on looking for a IT related job or networking job.. I'm thinking the NOC ,network Support, and help desk. Just to get some experience documented. In the meantime practice reviewing your CCNA Notes and lab everyday.

Congratulations on your awesome pass.. icon_cheers.gif
    The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs
  • Options
    goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
    For the CCNA-S and CCNA Voice it all depends what your interest are.

My interest is in voice, however in order to prepare for the CCNA Voice you have to build a real lab. Unfortunately this Build would be only for voice.

If you study CCNA Security, you can use Packet Tracer or Build a real Lab and used it to study for the CCNP>
    The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs
  • Options
    SysnetNotesSysnetNotes Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your success :)
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    dotcom85dotcom85 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thank you so much !!
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    101010101010 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. icon_thumright.gif

I am going to second goldenlight and say job experience should be your primary focus now. Dont stop studying, but you want to avoid having the certs you have worked so hard for, not being taken seriously because you lack the experiance to validate them.

Also, getting some real world experiance will make it easier for you to make a decision as to what path your future studies should take.
    2017 Goals:
    [x] GCIH

"Well if you're going to have delusions of grandeur, may as well go for the really satisfying ones." - Marcus, Babylon 5
  • Options
    Cat5Cat5 Member Posts: 297 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

If you can get any networking job, that would be the best thing. But while you look, the more certs the better. They don't reflect experience, but they do reflect knowledge. I'm leaning in the direction of widening my experience instead of deepening it. Perhaps getting a Linux+, a Juniper cert, and something in wireless, security, and voice. Just to show that I have knowledge in many things, and that I'm not a one-trick pony if you know what I mean.