Options

Prometric woes

lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
I don't normally publicly rant about these things, but I'm rather perturbed at my current situation...

1. I can't cancel the exam I have scheduled (I want to schedule a different one). I receive an error every time. This has been going on since Thursday.
2. I've submitted several feedback forms and haven't been contacted back or even received an email regarding it.
3. The only other option to cancel is over the phone. There is a cancellation fee which requires additional payment, which leads to--
4. The customer service rep hung up on me when I refused to provide my CC information over the phone. I don't think I'm the only person who refuses to do this.

The only hope I have is that the application will actually work 24 hours before my test occurs. I already notified Prometric (via the seemingly worthless contact form) that if I'm unable to cancel prior and am charged that I'll dispute the charges and report them to the BBB.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Normally I have no issues with the Prometric process and I love the testing center by me. I've never had to cancel an exam before so maybe it just never works? heh.

Also on an aside, Prometric has potentially the most terribad phone prompt system I've ever dialed into. It feels like it takes a good 1-2 minutes before you're actually presented with a prompt/options, and then it goes on another 1-2 minutes before you actually get somewhere. It's way too bloated with information and is presented in a bad order.

/rantover

Comments

• Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Yes, I have had issues with Prometric particularly during my undergrad days. Lots of issues, shady testing centers, system issues with getting my scores back, etc.

I have a Netspend account for #4 on purpose. Since I don't want to give my primary banking info over the phone or internet, I have a pre-paid account where I can spawn "virtual cards" on the fly and cancel them immediately after the transaction if I'm weary of the company I'm giving my info too.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Have you tried contacting the testing center where you booked the exam? I've had better experiences working with testing center staff than with the Prometric reps.
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • Options
    @Iris that's a great idea...I have a prepaid card I loaded money on for the same reason somewhere around here, I'll have to try that and see if it works. Also I checked out Netspend, aside from the cool services they have a bunch of rad jobs in Austin! Thanks for the tip.

@iBrokeIT, I will check on that. Luckily it's not too far from me as I'd rather drive and use my CC in person than again, use it over the phone.

I just got done using their online chat system and as I anticipated, no help. They directed me to 'keep trying' and contact them via phone again. I tried to explain but they don't understand--

Chat rep - Cares
    For the cancellation, there will be a fee of $35. I won't be able to assist you since it requires payment and I'm not allowed to collect credit card information via chat, for security purpose.
    lsud00d
    Just as you say you cannot collect credit card information via chat for security purposes, I am not giving my credit card information over the phone for security purposes
    Chat rep - Cares
    If you do not prefer to call, you may try again later to cancel the appointment

icon_mad.gif
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    My Prometric woe is that the closest testing center to my area is a 1.5 hour drive out of state. They are only open M-F, so I'm forced to take off of work and drive for 3 hours total just to take a Microsoft exam. All of the Prometric centers that used to be around here closed down for an unknown reason. On the flipside, there are Pearson Vue testing centers all over the place, but Microsoft dropped them. Grrrr....
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    @srabiee sorry to hear that, I would be pretty annoyed too! I'm not a fan of the MS testing monopoly either icon_mad.gif

Add this to the list...Prometric's broke web application has been accompanied by a broke web server the past few days...the login page displays

HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error

Terrible!
  • Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    I would dispute the initial charge on the card for booking the exam. Part of the agreement is that you have the right to a refund if you give notice before the cutoff period, which it appears you made several attempts and could not. Sounds like a problem that the credit card company should worry about, not you.