Options

WGU - Capstone

Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
For those of you who have completed, was your Capstone mostly the same as your Technical Writing? Just some follow up notes?
Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark

Comments

• Options
    netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes basically my Capstone was an expanded version of my Technical writing
  • Options
    kgbkgb Member Posts: 380
    Yep.

Capstone is basically the technical paper written with the outcome/lessons learned/etc of completing the project. If you hadn't already, check out the samples they provide. Like a lot of things at WGU, they have 'their' way of doing things. By looking at the samples, it made it clear to me exactly what they were expecting.
    Bachelor of Science, Information Technology (Software) - WGU
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I literally changed around the tenses of the words I used, and added maybe 2 sections. It took me a grand total of 2 hours to revise and submit.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Yeah, it was pretty much the same except for it being in past tense and providing the results of what I did in my technical writing proposal.
  • Options
    jmritenourjmritenour Member Posts: 565
    Basically, I took my technical writing project proposal, changed the tense, added some charts & other documentation/deliverables, and handed that in. Passed on the first go.
    "Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    sounds good, thanks everyone, hope to be a graduate soon
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck!
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.