Options

CCNA guidance

vivsvivs Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I want to take exam in january. so.. i am practicing on packet tracer 6 and also practicing in online for subnetting.. i want to get prepared my self thoroughly with theory.. i have Todd lamle 6th edition and Cisco press CCNA 1 & 2..

CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME SUGGESTING MORE BOOKS SO THAT I CAN INCREASE MY KNOWLEDGE IN THEORY..

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Options
    steveyeungsteveyeung Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Routing Protocol and Concept - CCNA Exploration Companion Guide
    Accessing the WAN - CCNA Exploration Companion Guide
    LAN Switching and Wireless - CCNA Exploration Companion Guide

they explain theory in good depth and also include a CD contains packet tracer labs for practises.

Good luck!
  • Options
    smcclenaghansmcclenaghan Member Posts: 139
    vivs wrote: »
    I want to take exam in january. so.. i am practicing on packet tracer 6 and also practicing in online for subnetting.. i want to get prepared my self thoroughly with theory.. i have Todd lamle 6th edition and Cisco press CCNA 1 & 2..

CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME SUGGESTING MORE BOOKS SO THAT I CAN INCREASE MY KNOWLEDGE IN THEORY..

Thanks in advance...

I would read Wendell Odom's books and read them thoroughly, and first. AFTER you've read through those books, you might consider something else like Lammle. (I didn't find Lammle's books helpful, but many others did).

You should strongly consider dropping a few hundred on a lab. Minimum two 2950 switches and two 2610XM routers. Three of each if you can afford it. Lab experience will give you lots of breathing room. With Odom's and a lab, I got a 950 on ICND1 and 958 on ICND2. I started in May of this year.