Options

Resume Critique and Guidance

A position just opened up that is pretty much my dream job, albeit it's contract to hire I can't let the opportunity pass to at least take a shot. It's for a Systems Engineer position. I value the input that everyone provides on this site, and hope I can get some suggestions to give to the ole' resume a polish.

Thanks,
Brandon

Comments

• Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    A quick suggestion--four of the certs listed roll into one. It's redundant to list MCITP:SA/MCSA Server 2008, and the tests that make up that certification.

I think you could get it down to one page if you made better use of phrasing and white space between positions/sections

What IP phone system was it? You mention some specific applications/technologies but I would list more.

Some of the words/phrases are redundant. I would try to be more creative with synonyms.
  • Options
    DCDDCD Member Posts: 473 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Change objective into a Summary of your skill. Move your certifications and education up in your resume just under summary. Put you Microsoft skills on top in your certification category. Check your spelling as well "CETIFICATIONS" it should be Certification.