Options

What's a good extension book for the new R/S exam?

mendysuemendysue Member Posts: 22 ■■■□□□□□□□
I've decided to wait and take the new test. What a good book covering the new material for the new test for someone with a decent background in the content for the expiring test.

Gosh that was worded weirdly.

Comments

• Options
    pastiebpastieb Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mendysue wrote: »
    I've decided to wait and take the new test. What a good book covering the new material for the new test for someone with a decent background in the content for the expiring test.

I would like to know the answer to this too,i have the Lammle 640-802 book but i want something that covers the new topics introduced for the new test.
  • Options
    StaunchyStaunchy Member Posts: 180

The new CCNA 200-120 Official Cert Guide by Wendell Odom, Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching 200-120 Official Cert Guide Library

I have used the CCENT 100-101 book and it was a great book a bit dry but it goes in depth much more the Todd Lammle's but I did use Todd Lammle's book for review leading up to my exam.

The CCNA 200-120 Official Cert Guide Library is both ICND1 100-101 and INCD2 200-101 Study Guides packed into 1 box
    2016 Goals: CCNP R&S, CCNA Security, CCNP Security
    LinkedIn
  • Options
    SheHateMeSheHateMe Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ^^^ Go with the above. I am using it (the Academic Edition is SO worth it) and Its awesome. The Network Sim will be released in December.
  • Options
    pastiebpastieb Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ordered,thanks guys!!
  • Options
    SysnetNotesSysnetNotes Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Book by Wendell Odom
  • Options
    mendysuemendysue Member Posts: 22 ■■■□□□□□□□
    SheHateMe wrote: »
    ^^^ Go with the above. I am using it (the Academic Edition is SO worth it) and Its awesome. The Network Sim will be released in December.

Why is it $50 more? Is it just the simulator that comes with it? Should I bother with this version if I already have packet tracer?
  • Options
    StaunchyStaunchy Member Posts: 180
    Why is it $50 more? Is it just the simulator that comes with it? Should I bother with this version if I already have packet tracer?

As far as I know it is the 1 they use at colleges. It has thinner pages and also colour diagrams to assist people to understand.
    2016 Goals: CCNP R&S, CCNA Security, CCNP Security
    LinkedIn