Options

I Got The Job!!

I got the call yesterday only 6 hours after my second interview that i got the job. Its for an IT Technician position at medical center starting at 19.18 am hour with 24 days pto and good health insurance. Finally after 1 year of applying and interviewing i finally did it thanks to everyone here on this forum. Now i gotta give my 2 weeks notice to my current employer. How do you guys generally give a 2 week notice?? By writing a letter?
WGU Complete: September 2014

Comments

• Options
    kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    Congrats!

As for notice depends :P Where I am at now it is customary to give a written letter in person to my manager when giving 2 weeks.
    My previous job I just met him face to face and gave my 2 weeks verbally.
  • Options
    KronesKrones Member Posts: 164
    Congrats! :D
    WGU - Security
    Current: Start date Sept 1. Remaining:
    CUV1, BOV1, CJV1, CVV1, KET1, KFT1, DFV1, TPV1, BNC1, RIT1, DHV1, CSV1, COV1, CQV1, CNV1, SBT1, RGT1 Completed:
    AXV1, CPV1, CTV1 Transferred: AGC1, BBC1, LAE1, QBT1, LUT1, GAC1/HHT1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, BVC1, CLC1, WFV1, DJV1
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!

For a notice I tell them in person and then give either an official email or hard copy of the notice. I wouldn't just shoot off an email. At least give them a verbal heads up first.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    I like to meet face to face, provide a signed copy, then email one as well.

Congrats on the new job!
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    pixa241pixa241 Member Posts: 207
    Thanks everyone. So should i give it to HR since i have a few different supervisors.
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    I typically choose the supervisor I have the best rapport with because anyone in your supervisor chain will be able to assist in the process. Also, the one you have the best rapport with will most likely be the most supportive and help with a smooth exit from the company.
  • Options
    Well its a food manufacturing company so whenever someone quits theyre like whatever and are just seeing whoes going to take your spot when you leave.
  • Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Another TE success story. Our usual fee is 10%. :)
    Also, no matter what job you are leaving, try to be professional about it. Good karma and all that.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the new job!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    NicWhiteNicWhite Member Posts: 134
    Congrats!!! icon_cheers.gif I usually give notice to the supervisor verbally and in writing.
    WGU - BS Software Development
    Start Date: 2/1/2016
    Transferred 40 / Complete 23 / Remaining 60
  • Options
    Ok guys i got another dilemna lol. In a good way. Well i accepted the job offer but i just got a call at another medical center i had applied at for an interview for generally the same position more or less. Should i just not go for it or should i schedule it and see what happens?
  • Options
    coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Doesn't hurt to have options so I would go and check it out anyhow. Congrats on the position!
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
    Completion Date: May 2021
  • Options
    RockinRobinRockinRobin Member Posts: 165
  • Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    I would certainly go to the second interview. Even if you decide you have no interest, a little interview practice never hurt anyone. Plus, if things don't work out at your new place, it would be nice to have that option available as well.

Congrats on the job. Wish I could find a job paying that much.
  • Options
    Wow...and speaking of options. I just got another call for a computer systems analyst position for the city and it pays good. I am going to go for the interview but if it goes good and they offer me the job how would i handle this situation with the job i just took. I am scheduled to start Oct. 14th.
  • Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761