Passed Project+

NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
Passed this morning with an 810. Thankful to have this behind me!

Like others, I found the uCertify material was over complicated and much more wordy than the actual exam. Heldman's practice exams (with the hard copy of the book) and chapter-end exams are OK.

I saw a few things on the actual exam that Heldman didn't cover. I also used the TrainSignal videos from Bill Kulterman - they were useful to see the material another way, but not enough to pass on alone. You really need to know which documents are created in which processes and when they are applied and what they are used for.

I have zero PM experience and studied for this in about 3 weeks.

I used Cold Titanium's mnemonic for the EVM formulas as follows:

CEA / SEP

CV = EV - AC
SV = EV - PV

CPI = EV / AC
SPI = EV / PV

TCPI = (BAC - EV) / (BAC - AC)
When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.

Comments

• DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • ZorodzaiZorodzai Member Posts: 357 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats Bro...
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Cold TitaniumCold Titanium Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Swching! Good work!

Glad that little thingy was able to help someone else out as well.icon_cool.gif
    2014 Goals
    • Pass OSCP (In Progress)
    • Obtain employment in IT Security
  • NicWhiteNicWhite Member Posts: 134
    Wonderful. Congrats!
    WGU - BS Software Development
    Start Date: 2/1/2016
    Transferred 40 / Complete 23 / Remaining 60
  • NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks everyone. To all those studying for this - if you understand Heldman's book and her exams, you can pass!
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • LittleBITLittleBIT Member Posts: 320 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I actually plan on becoming P+ certified. I may pursue CaPM or PMP in the future. I have the same book you have, but I am pursuing Server+ at the moment (I think in 2 weeks time I should sit for the exam, maybe sooner).

Thanks for the tip and congrats man!
    Kindly doing the needful
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!
    Nice job.
    And yes, the Heldman book is perfect for the exam.
  • LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good job, and congrats! Thanks for the insight as well.
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
    While studying, I came up with couple of variations on a mnemonic for the 9 knowledge areas of PM (Scope, Human Resources, Integration Management, Time, Communications, Cost, Procurement,Risk, Quality):

**** CCPRQ

Or

HITS
    CCPRQ
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
    Just passed with a 797. Thanks for the tips!
  • GoldenKnightGoldenKnight Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good system, congrats!
    Master of Science - Information Technology, Bachelor of Arts - Information Science, PMP Project Management Professional, CAPM Certified Associate in Project Management, MCP Microsoft Certified Professional, Six Sigma White Belt