Options

topic for master thesis in information security

ktalpikktalpik Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,
I am looking for a topic for my master degree in Information Security.
So far, i was looking for something related to BYOD. However, since i am in a big hurry i cant narrow down to a very specific topic focused on BYOD.
Any idea/suggestions will be highly appreciated!
BTW: feel free to suggest something else and not stick to BYOD!
Many thanks,

Comments

• Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    How about the increase of malware targetted at mobile devices?
  • Options
    watermelonsswatermelonss Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ^OP sorry, not related to post, but MRAGENT, I see that you are getting a degree in IT from George Mason University. I'm curious to know, how is the program there? Pro and Cons? Thanks. again, mayb i should have private messaged.
  • Options
    RouterroninRouterronin Banned Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you want to be a big hit in silicon valley, make sure it has something to do with software defined networking.
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    To add to @Routerroinin's suggestion, an open source push is bringing the TCP/IP stack back into the linux OS as an integrated setup for networking hardware. You could explore the security implications, like lack of defense in depth.
  • Options
    f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How about the current mindset people have on mobile devices and how it compares to the actual threat they pose?

What I mean is that a common perception is that mobile devices are phones... only now they're truly just hand-held computers that are just as functional as a desktop.

or a topic I've wrote a blog entry about in the past was "BYOD Size Doesn't Matter". That's another misconception people have where the mind looks at a mobile phone and sees how small it is... this in turn makes you think it poses less of a threat to your environment... wrong!

Anyways, just a few thoughts :)
  • Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    ^OP sorry, not related to post, but MRAGENT, I see that you are getting a degree in IT from George Mason University. I'm curious to know, how is the program there? Pro and Cons? Thanks. again, mayb i should have private messaged.

PM me and ill answer any questions you have.