CCENT Passed!

SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,732
Its official, passed ICND1 640-822 today :D Good exam, confident on most everything. I see there is some sort of review verification process, 3 days of torture I wasnt aware of. I used way too many resources to list, but I think Todd Lammle's CCENT study guide was useful for getting to the digestible point quickly.

Whats next? Well, my desire is to go straight to CCNA Security, but WGU does have the full CCNA in the track. I am hoping that they may allow the CCNA sec to fill in as a transfer credit. Cheap I know, but right now my interest is in Security, not R&S.

Comments

  • olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    SephStorm wrote: »
    I see there is some sort of review verification process, 3 days of torture I wasnt aware of. .
    Whats this now?

    Congrats on your pass.
  • smcclenaghansmcclenaghan Member Posts: 139
    Every Cisco cert says that.

    Ignore it unless you have reason not to (like you cheated or something).

    Congratulations on a hard earned cert.
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Senior Member NCMember Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratz!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats! Get that CCNA out of the way so we can get it on with the NP :D
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,732
    lol, like I said, right now I want to go ahead with CCNA Sec, rather than CCNA. I know that isn't a popular idea around here.
    Outside of the OCG, what is the prefered study material for CCNA Security?
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Yup, I meant the CCNA Sec. I figured that if you decided to go this way, you have your reasons. I used the ocg and cbt for it and that was enough. It isn't anything special so I think this should do. Be sure to be familiar with CCP because although you're very likely to not need it elsewhere, it is on the test.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • RouterroninRouterronin Banned Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    Congrats!
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • MoCA JavaMoCA Java Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • _Marauder_Marauder Member Posts: 132 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    SephStorm wrote: »
    I used way too many resources to list, but I think Todd Lammle's CCENT study guide was useful for getting to the digestible point quickly.

    Congrads on the pass.

    You said you used too many resources, however if you had to pick, what were the top three that you used?

    The reason I ask is that once I'm done with CISSP, I will turn my attention back to CCNA.
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

    "Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,732
    tough question Jock, I will think about it today and find an answer.

    The issue with taking 554 now is it relies on IPv6 knowledge, which is found in the new CCNA exams. :p I have a solution for that though.
    But it should be noted for any1 attempting an old exams/new exams track, that you will miss some information. It may be worth it to review one of the new exam books, even if you already have the cert.
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,732
    JockVSJock wrote: »
    Congrads on the pass.

    You said you used too many resources, however if you had to pick, what were the top three that you used?

    The reason I ask is that once I'm done with CISSP, I will turn my attention back to CCNA.

    For the 822, my top resources were the CBT Nugget, the Ultimate CCNA Study Guide from Chris Bryant and the INE Videos.
  • L. SmithL. Smith Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck on CCNA Sec, I will be studying for that after ICND2.
  • f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Connection Overlord Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome, congratulations!!
  • epicdeanepicdean Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    SephStorm wrote: »
    Its official, passed ICND1 640-822 today :D Good exam, confident on most everything. I see there is some sort of review verification process, 3 days of torture I wasnt aware of. I used way too many resources to list, but I think Todd Lammle's CCENT study guide was useful for getting to the digestible point quickly.

    Whats next? Well, my desire is to go straight to CCNA Security, but WGU does have the full CCNA in the track. I am hoping that they may allow the CCNA sec to fill in as a transfer credit. Cheap I know, but right now my interest is in Security, not R&S.

    ya i just completed my ccent and I am also going straight into ccna sec. Did you get any hardware or do you plan on using GNS 3 ?
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,732
    I already had lab equipment with CCNA Security in mind, 2 1841's and 2 2950's and an ASA.
  • SysnetNotesSysnetNotes Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your success
  • mgmguy1mgmguy1 Linux Essentials certified , Cisco CCENT certified PA Member Posts: 480 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Question, I was told that the last day to do 640-822 was Sept 30th. How are you able to be able to take the Exam today ?
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

    Fats Domino
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Gaming Tech Expert Silicon Valley, CAMember Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

    Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 911 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mgmguy1 wrote: »
    Question, I was told that the last day to do 640-822 was Sept 30th. How are you able to be able to take the Exam today ?

    The thread was originally started on 27 Sept 13.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
Sign In or Register to comment.