Options

Windows 7 vs A+

ClapDemCheeksClapDemCheeks Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
Which is the better cert? I was thinking of getting one of these to compliment my CCNA.

Comments

• Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    MCSA Windows 7
  • Options
    dehgrahdehgrah Member Posts: 140 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Windows 7 is the better Certification by a mile but both certs focuses on some different aspects, for example; the A+ focuses on some aspects of Operating System (Windows 7) and Hardware but the Windows 7 certification focuses on the CORE of Windows 7 Operating System. My advice is if you can get the Windows 7 certification go for it but if your VERY entry level go for the A+ and then Windows 7.
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    A+ is a vendor-neutral hardware-oriented certification. This would be good to have if you want to work in a PC repair shop performing PC builds, upgrades, etc. Basic stuff like what I would imagine Geek Squad does on a daily basis.

If you want to start down the path to be a systems administrator, desktop support administrator, Hyper-V admin, etc (Microsoft technologies), then MCSA: Windows 7 is where I would begin.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Agree with Halo the Win 7 would be a nice certification to get however A+ is still asked for. One of my best friends has just an A+ and he has been moving up job to job for years now. He is a SCCM architect now and makes about twice as much as I lol.
  • Options
    LAN_ManLAN_Man Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Windows 7 all the way, I would suggest against spending your time and money on the A+