Options

Looking for a resume look-at

QordQord Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi guys (and gals!). I’m looking for a little resume love here; I’m trying to get into a part-time remote support gig to supplement my income. Trying to be detailed, but also keep it down to just one page. Should I trim old jobs and expound on my current one more? Should I just quit and go yodel? Any advice is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!!

And if you're still reading, here's a (bad) gift:
icon_study.gif <- I'm currently reading a book on anti-gravity...it's impossible to put down!!

EDIT: Would it be inappropriate to be completely up front in a cover letter in regards to intent? I mean, I want a part-time job....should I say that or leave it out?

Comments

• Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Qord wrote: »
    Hi guys (and gals!). I’m looking for a little resume love here; I’m trying to get into a part-time remote support gig to supplement my income. Trying to be detailed, but also keep it down to just one page. Should I trim old jobs and expound on my current one more? Should I just quit and go yodel? Any advice is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!!

And if you're still reading, here's a (bad) gift:
    icon_study.gif <- I'm currently reading a book on anti-gravity...it's impossible to put down!!

EDIT: Would it be inappropriate to be completely up front in a cover letter in regards to intent? I mean, I want a part-time job....should I say that or leave it out?

I will only comment on the edit since I am in no position to provide advice on the resume.

I would make it clear you only want part time. Also it should go without saying, you should be seeking only part time ads and stay firm with any potential employer that you do not want this to become full time.