Options

Duplex Scanner/ADF

kevozzkevozz Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm looking for a reasonably priced AIO printer that has duplex scanning "hands free". Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    What is your budget?

HP almost always has great print devices, so how much can you invest in this?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Up to $250 for home use. I also need one for a small workgroup, around $400.

I found a few, but they were quite expensive.
  • Options
    See if the models you found have a refurbished model available?

Mind sharing what you found so the same type is not recommended?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

• Options
    netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Stay away from the Fujitsu ScanSnaps, they work good but are totally proprietary and will not work with any third party software. The Brother AS-2000 is good and Staples has them refurbished Brother ADS-2000 Refurbished High Speed Document Scanner | Staples®
  • Options
    I think Brother can produce some of the best typewriters and sewing machines, but for print devices...eh...not a fan. (Plenty of experience dealing with bad drivers and their products).

HP should easily have something in the price range you are looking at, where are you looking? Local shops or online?
    Plantwiz
    _____

• Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Check out the Ricoh Aficio line. I've deployed hundreds of them and have had great experiences with rarely any issues.
  • Options
    The ones I found were a over $1000. Mostly looking online, but may buy local if they have it in stock. I'll check refurbished also.

Thanks for the input (and the ones to stay away from). I'm checking the suggestions now.