Options

EIGRP Trouble shooting question help

jambla85jambla85 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
The scenario is that I cant get my router to receive EIGRP routes from other routers in my topology. My router in question is in the right AS system, all my interfaces are up, up that should be. I have advertised the right networks, no auto summary command has been issued and there are no passive interfaces. I can ping the neighbouring devices interface that connects to mine. The neighbouring device is set up correctly and is receiving EIGRP routes in its table, although neighbouring has not been formed in EIGRP between the routers. What could I be missing? Many thanks

Comments

• Options
    Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    Are your K-Values the same on every router? Is this a broadcast network?
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • Options
    WilyOneWilyOne Member Posts: 131
    Use these commands to investigate what is failing and why:

show ip eigrp interfaces
    show protocols
    debug eigrp packets
  • Options
    TurK-FXTurK-FX Member Posts: 174
    jambla85 wrote: »
    The scenario is that I cant get my router to receive EIGRP routes from other routers in my topology. My router in question is in the right AS system, all my interfaces are up, up that should be. I have advertised the right networks, no auto summary command has been issued and there are no passive interfaces. I can ping the neighbouring devices interface that connects to mine. The neighbouring device is set up correctly and is receiving EIGRP routes in its table, although neighbouring has not been formed in EIGRP between the routers. What could I be missing? Many thanks

If you can post the config from all the router, we can be more helpful.
    WGU classes: Transferred -> AGC1, CLC1, TBP1, CJC1, BVC1, C278, CRV1, IWC1, IWT1, C246, C247, C132, C164, INC1, C277. Appealed -> WFV1 and C393.
    What is Left to take - > EUP1, EUC1, C220, C221, BNC1, GC1, C299, CTV1, DJV1, DHV1, CUV1, CJV1, TPV1, C394
    Currently Studying -> CCNA security (Designing Customized Security & Security)
  • Options
    steveyeungsteveyeung Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    are you running eigrp over frame relay?
  • Options
    Death DreamDeath Dream Member Posts: 149
    steveyeung wrote: »
    are you running eigrp over frame relay?

Good point. Are you using "frame-map ip [remote ip] [remote mask] [dlci] BROADCAST"? Broadcast option is needed for broadcasts and multicast to traverse a NBMA network.
  • Options
    That is why I asked if this was a broadcast network? EIGRP is configured differently in NBMA networks. OP seems unresponsive tough so he must have figured it out.
  • Options
    Hi guys. I was doing something pretty stupid. I was advertising the routes and putting wildcard masks after my statements. This was not coming up as error on the sim software I was using, but it was causing not to work. For some reason I was certain you had to put wildcard masks on EIGRP network statements. icon_redface.gif
  • Options
    jambla85 wrote: »
    Hi guys. I was doing something pretty stupid. I was advertising the routes and putting wildcard masks after my statements. This was not coming up as error on the sim software I was using, but it was causing not to work. For some reason I was certain you had to put wildcard masks on EIGRP network statements. icon_redface.gif

The proper way of configuring EIGRP's network statement IS with a wildcard mask. If you choose not to add a wildcard your network statement will become classful. You must of had a wrong wildcard mask configured. You should review subnetting and wildcard configurations.
  • Options
    Does packet tracer allow wildcards on EIRP? Is the wildcard mask like OSPF where you have to invert it? Because that’s what I was doing but I still couldn’t get adjacencies to form. I can subnet with my eyes closed. I was most likely have a stupid moment