Options

CCNP TSHOOT Question

CodeBlue1914CodeBlue1914 Member Posts: 19 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well today I passed the Switch exam and I passed the ROUTE exam back in August. Now I am not preparing to start studying for the TSHOOT exam and from what I have read and heard...this exam is more scenario based. For those that have taken it or are studying for it, what methods are you using. It seems it would be more difficult then a multiple choice type test but maybe its just me and I am making it more difficult than it is. icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks for you feedback!!

Comments

• Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    The topology for the tshoot exam is available. Cisco made it public. I would say it's a good idea to familiarize yourself with it and even play with it a little bit. I recently passed TSHOOT and it is nothing compared to ROUTE and SWITCH. I can't say much due to the NDA but some of the problems were surprisingly easy. So much so that I wasted time thinking "naah there's gotta be some catch here, this is too easy". You don't really need to learn anything new, only brush up on your troubleshooting skills. The hard part is over.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    I passed SWITCH on a friday and took TSHOOT the next monday. Really easy exam. Study the first 3 chapters of TSHOOT FLG for the multiple questions and go to Cisco's website to study the topology of the exam.
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I believe I spent one evening studying TSHOOT--I took it the same day as my route exam. Just setup and understand the topology they published. The exam mostly double-checks that you remember the SWITCH/ROUTE content.

(Some people wait a long time between exams, and don't review, and thus forget things.)