Options

ICND2 question

jojo44jojo44 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello, I just took the ICND2 test yesterday and failed, but I passed the ICND1 last month. My question is if I take the new ICND2 200-101 and pass, would I still become CCNA certified ? Also what would be a good a good study guide with videos ? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    nopixelnopixel Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you pass ICND2 200-101 and pass, you will become CCNA certified - even with the "older" ICND1 passed.
    2018 goal: CCNA Collaboration - B]210-060[/B
  • Options
    jojo44jojo44 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks nopixel. I heard the study guide by Wendell Odom is good, but what about video training ? I plan on getting started soon. Thanks again.
  • Options
    RobononRobonon Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    For video training - Chris Bryant has a combo ICND1 and ICND2 video training package available on Udemy that I've seen people raving about. It has some great reviews on Udemy as well. I just purchased the videos about 15 minutes ago based on the good reviews and comments on here, haven't had a chance to check the videos out, though. If you click into the course page, there is a coupon code currently available so you don't have to pay the full $125.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Death DreamDeath Dream Member Posts: 149
    I used the Udemy videos for the old ICND2. They were good, but I felt Jermey with the CBTs was a better introduction. Chris can get pretty deep into the content pretty fast.

That said, I haven't seen his new ICND videos but I did like how he made most of them all around the 10-15 minute mark instead of the hour long videos he use to have.
  • Options
    I used Jeremy's videos for the now-expired ICND1 exam, and thought it was excellent. I only saw in some of the other threads that Jeremy's explanations in the new ICND2 series get a little drawn out, adding length to the video, but not necessarily adding content. One of the comments that I can remember was along the lines of "much longer than it needs to be."

Come to think of it, I need to find out if he does a podcast or something, because I love listening to him explain networking concepts.

I've just started cracking into the Bryant videos and will post an update in a few days (probably closer to a week) once I make progress and let everyone know how it's coming across. And I totally agree, Death Dream, the 10-15 minute format seems to be much more effective than sitting through an hour long video covering a wide range of concepts.
  • Options
    Update: I've joined the Bryant fanclub.

I haven't made it to the ICND2 material yet. The videos are conversational enough to keep my interest, yet technical enough to... well... keep my interest. I started viewing some of the ICND1 material as a refresher, but the videos flow so seamlessly together, I've found it difficult to pry myself away and jump ahead. Great set of videos, and well worth more than the $44 I paid for them.