Options

Who else did the September 30th 640-8** Hail Mary?

Corndork2Corndork2 Member Posts: 266
I of course waited until the very last minute to take the ICND2 portion of my CCNA - 2:00PM on September 30th. Thankfully I passed with a 916. I completed ICND1 almost 3 years ago.

Did anyone else go for the September 30th test date for ICND1, ICND2, or composite 640-8** exams?
Brocade: BAIS, BACNS, BAEFS Cisco: CCENT, CCNA R&S CWNP: CWTS Juniper: JNCIA-JUNOS
CompTIA: A+ (2009), Network+ (2009), A+ CE, Network+ CE, Security+ CE, CDIA+
Mikrotik: MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE VMware: VCA-DV Rackspace: CloudU

Comments

• Options
    awitt11awitt11 Member Posts: 50 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had to work Monday, so mine was Saturday morning at 9:45. Had to drive over an hour to get to a Saturday testing center with open spots. Proctor was late so I didn't start until 10:15. Managed to get an 860 on the ICND2.
  • Options
    Death DreamDeath Dream Member Posts: 149
    I took mine on the 26th at 2pm. Scored 916 as well. I was a bit surprised, I was the only one testing at that time and the only one in the room.
  • Options
    sucanushiesucanushie Member Posts: 163
    Did mine on the 23rd.

Glad to get it done. Working on NA Security now.
  • Options
    krjaykrjay Member Posts: 290
    I had been preparing since I passed ICND1 in March. I was studying off an on during that time. If this deadline hadn't come up, I probably would still be a few months out from sitting for the exam. It really helped kick me into gear the last couple months and I passed on the 30th.
    2014 Certification Goals: 70-410 [ ] CCNA:S [ ] Linux+ [ ]
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    Do you guys see your exam result on Cisco tracking system? It looks like quite a few people are seeing delay between Pearson's system posting to Cisco.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    krjaykrjay Member Posts: 290
    Mine is not updated on Cisco's site.
    2014 Certification Goals: 70-410 [ ] CCNA:S [ ] Linux+ [ ]
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Do you guys see your exam result on Cisco tracking system? It looks like quite a few people are seeing delay between Pearson's system posting to Cisco.

I haven't received an email from Cisco with my authorization code to get in. Using the registration and validation ID doesn't return anything. I wonder how many people tested world wide on that day....sounds like they have a backlog.

I did the composite on Monday morning, my first time testing with Cisco. The place was packed!!! My friend who tested at the first available time-slot was told by the staff that they had about 75 appointments that day, almost all for CCNA.

I was close to not passing and would've been shafted as far as retaking the same exam. Looking back, I should've scheduled a few days earlier to give me another chance just in case. Like you said, that was a hail mary...barely passing on the last day, heh.

Good job all!
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    WilyOneWilyOne Member Posts: 131
    I took (and passed!) 640-802 composite exam on 9/25 - does that count? :)
  • Options
    sadfjlfdo24sadfjlfdo24 Banned Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□

Nope, not even enrollment date.
  • Options
    gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wasn't that bold bro! I got mine earlier in September though. icon_lol.gif
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • Options
    f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I can't believe how many people pulled the CCNA trigger before the 31st. I've been watching here as well as the reddit CCNA subthread and the number is crazy! That's JUST the ones who reported it online!

I guess everyone just needs that little bit of a motivation boost to finish it off.
  • Options
    WilyOneWilyOne Member Posts: 131
    f0rgiv3n wrote: »
    I guess everyone just needs that little bit of a motivation boost to finish it off.
    Yes! I completed the official Network Academy course last year, intent on studying for a solid month and then taking the exam. Fast forward a year later, real life* and a lot of procrastination in between, the expiration of the old material pushed me to get off my butt and get it done. :D

* I work 45+ hours a week, plus I have a family and an ailing mother to take care of.
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    f0rgiv3n wrote: »
    I can't believe how many people pulled the CCNA trigger before the 31st. I've been watching here as well as the reddit CCNA subthread and the number is crazy! That's JUST the ones who reported it online!

My motivation was not wanting to buy new studying materials. I bought all my books back in June/July and got sidetracked with CEH. I was planning on taking it slow until I found out that 640-802 would be retired at the end of September.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna