Options

Passed 70-685!

mjdbb1mjdbb1 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just finished the 70-685 today with a 750. I finished the 70-680 a few months ago so I've finally gotten my MCSA/MCITP that I've been working at for quite a while! icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif

I used the MS Press Training Kit, Measure-up practice tests, Poulton's 70-680 book, Technet, and lots of labbing. Although I actually think that the MS Press book (for the 70-685) would have been helpful for taking the 680. It's pretty hard to cover everything that could come up on this so I wanted to use as many sources as I could. There's a lot of overlap in the 680 and 685 so I'd probably try to take them closer together if I were to do it again.

Hope this info helps someone. Now to celebrate!!!

Comments

• Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!icon_cheers.gif I'm actually taking mine on Monday. Any last minute tips?
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Congrats!!icon_cheers.gif I'm actually taking mine on Monday. Any last minute tips?

Thanks, and good luck to you on Monday. My general last-minute strategy for almost any test is to make sure you have at least a familiarity with everything, because that can usually help you to eliminate a choice or two.

Not sure if you've tried MeasureUp practice tests but I've used them for two exams and they've been pretty good. Helped me to pull out some little things that I missed and show some weak areas.

Good luck!!!
  • Options
    4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    Congrats man! Most difficult Win7 exam IMO. You plan on taking the 686?
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    4_lom wrote: »
    Congrats man! Most difficult Win7 exam IMO. You plan on taking the 686?

Think I'm taking a break now, for a while at least. Does passing that give another MCSA/MCITP in this case?
  • Options
    CleverclogsCleverclogs Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing, the 685 is a tough cookie.
  • Options
    4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    mjdbb1 wrote: »
    Think I'm taking a break now, for a while at least. Does passing that give another MCSA/MCITP in this case?

Yep, would be another MCITP I believe. So the 680+685 = MCTIP: Enterprise Desktop Support Tech, and the 680+686 = MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator.
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• Options
    403Forbidden403Forbidden Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! I'm going for my 685 in a few weeks as well. :)
  • Options
    bub9001bub9001 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrads and thanks for posting what helped you.

I have been trying to get motivated to take the 70-685. I just finished the CBT's for it and currently planning on taking it in the next two months. Any other material or ideas of what was the most helpful for you.
    “You were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” - Zig Ziglar

Goals for 2019: CEH, and CND
    Goals for 2019: CCNA or ECSA
  • Options
    devils_haircutdevils_haircut Member Posts: 284 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Passed my 70-685 this morning as well with an 800. I found it to be WAAAY easier than the 680, which I have failed twice so far. I still need to pass the 70-680 so I can have my MCSA (or MCITP for you old folks).

For those that plan on taking the 70-685, know your BrancheCache, DirectAccess, VPN topics, basic Group Policy features, and basic networking in Windows. The rest is pretty much common sense hardware stuff.
  • Options
    TybTyb Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass!
    WGU BS:IT Security (March 2015)
    WGU MS:ISA (February 2016 )
  • Options
    bub9001bub9001 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Passed my 70-685 this morning as well with an 800. I found it to be WAAAY easier than the 680, which I have failed twice so far. I still need to pass the 70-680 so I can have my MCSA (or MCITP for you old folks).

For those that plan on taking the 70-685, know your BrancheCache, DirectAccess, VPN topics, basic Group Policy features, and basic networking in Windows. The rest is pretty much common sense hardware stuff.

Thanks for the info, all these replies about passing the 70-685 has really helped me get motivated to get is over with.
    “You were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” - Zig Ziglar

Goals for 2019: CEH, and CND
    Goals for 2019: CCNA or ECSA