MCP on transcript?

mjdbb1mjdbb1 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm just curious, I passed an exam back around May (MCTS) and it showed up on my transcript like it was suppossed to. I went back about two weeks ago, and there is an additional certification listed (Microsoft Certified Professional) listed as an individual certification.

I know that you needed to pass any one exam to become an MCP but when I first started out with this it was not a 'certification' listed on my transcript (but I know it used to be its own cert). In fact on the 'Certification Planner' on the MCP website it lists it under completed as 'MCPS', and that was never there before.

Just wondering if this changed recently, or if anyone noticed this...

Comments

• RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    In the MCITP era simply earning an MCTS certification only conferred MCP status on you in the broad sense of being a professional who was certified by Microsoft. You were not able to use the MCP logo or credential unless you had passed one of the MCP era exams like to 70-270 or 70-290.

With the transition back tot he MCSA/E designations it is very possible that MS has changed this stance seeing that some of the the MCITPs were converted to MCSA. I have not seen anything regarding this on the Born-to-Learn blog. If you have a Twitter account, I would tweet to @MSLearning and see what they have to say about that. I think that is the likely explanation...