Options

XenApp 7 Exam Release?

EmptypathEmptypath Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Does anyone know when XenApp 7 is getting released. I am planning on getting the 6.5 CCA and was wondering if it'd be worth it to wait for 7.
Next up: MCSE Private Cloud

Comments

• Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Education :: New Certs - early Q4. The new exams show up on Vue's site, but if you select one it says they are not available yet.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    Thanks, I am going to hold off and wait for v7.
  • Options
    jsojso Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I originally thought a similar thing with XenDesktop, why study 5 when 7 has just been released?

But the key thing is that unless you are going into a completely new environment (unlikely when you have Windows & VMware breathing down Citrix's neck), you are far more likely to need to upgrade XD & XA to XD7. There is also a lot more training material out for XD5 than XD7 and they are fairly similar.

So if you have the time and money, study XA to prepare yourself for the real world.
  • Options
    jsojso Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    All the exams are available now. They've also announced new certs for netscaler and propose to have something for the cloud by 2014. All the sims seem to be gone tho.

Prices are $150/$300/$300 as per before.

Citrix Certification
  • Options
    jso wrote: »
    All the exams are available now. They've also announced new certs for netscaler and propose to have something for the cloud by 2014. All the sims seem to be gone tho.

Prices are $150/$300/$300 as per before.

Citrix Certification

Hmm, so originally I was planning on getting a Education :: CCA for Citrix XenApp 6 but it looks like they merged XenApp and XenDesktop certs into Education :: Apps and Desktops for version 7.

Is that correct?
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    yes.

The cert merged because the product merged.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete