Options

UK Peeps - any exams I can take at home?

CDRichardsCDRichards Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello people, hours at work are silly at the moment but I want to keep my certs and learning ticking over. My problem is I can't get to my exam centres when they're open because of the hours I'm working at the moment. Add to that you have to book a day in advance for most of them I'm currently stuck.

Is there any way I can take them at home? Or do any of them allow it? Is there any way of booking a MS exam on the same day because as far as I know you have to book 24 hours in advance.

Cheers,
Chris
2013 - MTA Networking Fundamentals [x] MTA Security Fundamentals [x] MTA Operating System Fundamentals [x] CompTIA Network+ [x] CCENT [in progress] CCNA [ ]

Comments

• Options
    santaownssantaowns Member Posts: 366
    Not from UK but I know of a few vmware has some vca certs that can be taken at home and also the itil foundation can be taken at home.
  • Options
    Hi santaowns - my hours are a real pain right now, ready for a couple of exams but reckon I'll forget everything by the time I get to take an exam lol!
    2013 - MTA Networking Fundamentals [x] MTA Security Fundamentals [x] MTA Operating System Fundamentals [x] CompTIA Network+ [x] CCENT [in progress] CCNA [ ]
  • Options
    sojournsojourn Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The Blue Coat BCCPA and BCCPP exams are open book, 4 hours and can be sat from home.

They're obviously not really relevant unless you work on Blue Coat hardware, though!
  • Options
    Thank you sojourn. Have searched for Blue Coat and all I get is links for blue coats lol!
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CDRichards wrote: »
    Thank you sojourn. Have searched for Blue Coat and all I get is links for blue coats lol!

Blue Coat BCCPA and BCCPP
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    There's the Apple ACA certs which are non-proctored exams.

EDIT: Sorry wrong link, now corrected