Options

having trouble memorizing

Elite_assassinElite_assassin Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
i am having trouble memorizing the material for the A+ core exam. any suggestions on how i go about memorizing everything i need to?
Halo everyday keeps the Elites away!!!!

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Whenever possible, try to apply the material in a real world scenario. I.o.w. try to get hands on with the hardware.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    milkiss_99 wrote:
    i am having trouble memorizing the material for the A+ core exam. any suggestions on how i go about memorizing everything i need to?

What is it you cannot 'memorize'? Much of the A+ is about concepts. There are a number of things that a technician will use during the course of a day/week on systems so knowing those items will just make doing your job easier (IRQ's, DMA's etc..).

Otherwise, as Johan mentioned, not much is going to beat practice/experience so get your hands on as much hardware as possible so you have real situations in mind as you take your exam.

Sorry, no short cuts to preparing :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    kevozzkevozz Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A "concept" is something you have to commit to memory, therefore you "memorized" it also. icon_wink.gif There is a ton of stuff to remember. Especially the charts like IRQ's, sockets for the processors, ect...

Try looking over the A+ section of TechNotes. Alot of gems there. Goto Comptia's website and print their exam objectives and work on one section at a time instead of tackling the HW or SW all at once. I'm using the Mike Meyers 5th edition A+ book. Check out every free practice test available online. As for the charts, i use flashcards for each individual row. Don't try to tackle charts all at once, just one row at a time.