Options

Just another monday

PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
About 80% of our lab is shutdown at work. WPR (Work Place Resources) has no disaster recovery plan. Gotta love Mondays.

1378627_523839934369_2007984607_n.jpg

Edit: These 4 are 1000 kva transformers and they are all down
A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
A+, Network+, CCNA

Comments

• Options
    QordQord Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    .....oooh....that sucks.
  • Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    No generator? Wow that's rough man, are you out of work till this is repaired?
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    damn....keep us posted on what's to come!
  • Options
    Today we had a bunch of meetings trying to figure who needs to move equipment to different buildings, who can stay offline for now, who needs to be back online this week, how quickly can we get on generator power. Basically trying to get some kind of game plan. I would imagine the next few days I'll be busy moving stuff all around.
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • Options
    Funny thing is, the transformer that had the door completely blown off was the one that had been offline for 2 weeks. It didn't even have cables in it going to the building since those were pulled out.
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Priston wrote: »
    Funny thing is, the transformer that had the door completely blown off was the one that had been offline for 2 weeks. It didn't even have cables in it going to the building since those were pulled out.

You guys have any idea wtf happened?
  • Options
    RouterroninRouterronin Banned Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Indeed, the gods were unpleased with you.
  • Options
    Santa_Santa_ Member Posts: 131 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thor must have been around that area and needed a recharge.

Also glad to hear no one was hurt.
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Someone totally set you up the bomb.
  • Options
    No one is 100% sure what happened, mostly speculation. I think when they installed the conduits for the transformers they installed them too close together and filled the area around the conduits with concrete instead of dirt, which didn't allow enough heat dissipation causing the heat to just build up until the insulation melted.
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • Options
    Cpl.KlingerCpl.Klinger Member Posts: 159
    More to the point, no disaster recovery plan? At all? At least now there shouldn't be any resistance to someone taking charge and creating one now.
    "If you can't fix it, you don't own it"
    "Great things have small beginnings."

• Options
    J_86J_86 Member Posts: 262 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yikes, that is rough. I feel your pain. At a previously placed I worked for it took at 5 day power outage due to a major storm to finally get higher ups/upper management to pony up the cash to get a generator installed for our data center. It saved the company a number of headaches after it was installed.