Options

CCNP TSHOOT study options

CorzaCorza Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi Team,

I am about to start studying for CCNP TSHOOT - already done ROUTE and SWITCH so its the last one. I passed SWITCH in June so it has been a while, but I work in network admin so touch routers and switches most days.

My question is what is the best was to pass it? I have the Cisco press book, but do people read it or do they just watch say CBT nuggets and that is enough to pass??

Thanks for any tips!

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    AwesomeGarrettAwesomeGarrett Member Posts: 257
    If you troubleshoot routers and switches on a daily basis it should be a walk in the park. Just read the first few chapters of any TSHOOT book and your good to go! Don't waste your time thinking you have to study all of it before taking the exam. Just review on some weak areas and take it.

That was the advise that was given to me and now I'm passing it on to you.
  • Options
    Thanks for that Garrett! Looking forward to finally having this path sorted.
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I heard the CCNP Tshoot Bullseye videos are really good practice. Even better is that the series is free on youtube :)
  • Options
    AwesomeGarrettAwesomeGarrett Member Posts: 257
    Yeah looked at the ones from Kevin Wallace on Youtube, but the truth is any strategy is completely worthless. If you just troubleshoot the technology you should have no problem at all. All that studying the topology, or checking the other tickets to see the configs are just a waste.
  • Options
    Well I have booked in the test for 6 weeks time. Gives me time to study around work etc, need to rehash some things as not all topics are used daily on our network at work.

Anyway, watched the bullseye videos. They are good, but tbh I use that strategy all the time. Hoping that by rehashing and studying the topology a bit, I should be fine.