Options

Passed!! MTA-349 (OS) and MTA-366 (Network) Passed!!

Kevster1188Kevster1188 Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
So.... What now??

Well I found the tests to be quite easy in the end, scoring 96 on the OS 349 and 95 on the Network 366.
I studied using the Sybex books for the corresponding exams and found them to be more than enough. I also used the MeasureUp practice tests which where essential to my success. CBT Nuggets were very helpful also.

If anyone needs help then i'm more than happy to help but because of the Ts and Cs I cannot tell you exactly what the actual tests consisted of.

I plan on taking the MTA Security 367 and MTA Server Admin 365 exams early next year. If anyone has any tips on revision?

Comments

• Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    RBHRBH Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Kevster1188,

I am planning to take the MTA 366 - Network exam. I don't have prior IT experience. I have finished reading Sybex book on Networking by Darril Gibson. I am also going to watch the Nuggets videos on this topic. Would this be considered sufficient preparation for the exam? What are the MeasureUp tests?

Ultimately, I plan to take pursue the MCSA Server track. I know that the MTA networking exam is really not required for the MCSA, however, I still want to take the MTA exams in order to get a start, to get used to Microsoft exams, and for a much need morale boost.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Kevster1188Kevster1188 Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi RBH,

I am also looking to pursue the 'Server' track as this will lead onto acquiring the MCSE. I found the book on the networking stuff to be very good and i'm currently reading the Sybex books for MTA Security and Server. Nuggets are well worth the time it takes to watch them because it gives you a more visual/ realistic view on things.

If you have the money then the MeasureUp practice tests were the best exam prep tool because it is a very close representation of the actual exam. If you can get 90-95% pass rate on MeasureUp then you should be fine.

I'm lucky enough to be getting mine paid for which is the reason why i'm doing all 4 MTA Exams. Hopefully all my hard work on the MTA's will be worthwhile in the end.

I know most people on here have been saying that they a dead easy but there are always questions that are going to catch you out. So I always like to be over prepared when heading into an exam. The networking exam I found easier than the OS exam because there were less variables, either I knew what the answer was or i'm going to get it wrong.

I hope this is enough info for you, i'm always happy to help!
    Hope it all goes well.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    bohdibohdi Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your passes, i am taking the 349 exam tomorrow and unfortunately dont have spare money for the measure up practice tests, i have the wiley book and that comes with 10 gmetrix practice tests which i score around the 80-85% on and it tells me that 65% is a pass do you think this is sufficient ?
  • Options
    SweenMachineSweenMachine Member Posts: 300 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes; just go to Microsoft's website and make sure you know everything they list on the exam criteria. The gmetrix tests are a pretty solid indicator at least for these exams.

-scott
  • Options
    bohdibohdi Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sat the exam this morning and was done in 13 minutes, to be honest there were a good many questions that werent covering by the studying and practice tests i had done. I passed with a score of 80, so I am happy but couldve maybe done some more studying.