Options

CCNA Question

sina2011sina2011 Member Posts: 239 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

I'm currently preparing for my CCNA and i was just wondering for the people that have done the ccna how long did it take you to achieve it while working full-time?

Regards,

Comments

• Options
    Shadow RealmShadow Realm Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Also wondering this, Are you jumping straight into CCNA or are you doing Network+ 1st

Offtopic: How many posts do you need to have before your posts aren't moderated?
    Currently Working On: CompTIA A+ and MCITP: Windows 7
    Want To Complete: Network+, Security+, Linux+, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA Security, RHCE, CISSP (Associate)
  • Options
    mtjikuzumtjikuzu Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I wrote the composite exam and it took me close to 3 months of studying.
  • Options
    Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    Wrote the composite exam after 2 years of experience as a network administator and a couple of boot camps. Took me around 80 hours to study for it.
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I took the 640-802 CCNA composite.

I Studied for about 3 months while working full time. I work nights so if it was slow, I'd be in the books. Took it easy on the logical/networking portion since I was familiar with it already from my previous experience and training. When I got to more specific Cisco portions, I focused more.

Used 4 books and their corresponding practice exams (included in the book and/or with the CD), practiced on packet tracer, did numerous subnetting questions online and on my phone, and browsed here and Cisco forums for insight.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    BookFellaBookFella Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Took me almost 6 months of study. At first I couldn't make up my mind about going the 2 exam route or just doing the composite exam. I went ahead and did the composite: less stressful, not having to worry about conpleting another exam in order to fulfill the cert requirement. For study, I read multiple books, watched videos and labbed with GNS3, Packet Tracer and a couple of switches I picked up. I work the graveyard shift in a NOC so that helped alot when it was time to read and go over my study notes.
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I just started studying in September. I am taking a long approach because this is part of a career change I plan to make in about two years.

I enrolled in the cisco accademy at my local community college.
    I purchased Cisco CCENT/CCNA ICND1 100-101 Official Cert Guide-Wendell Odom.
    I purchased the Chris Bryant CCNA bootcamp on Udemy.
    I purchased a two routers and two switches. (I have no previous Cisco experience)

I plan to go overboard a little because I hope to knock off CCNA and then start CCNP while I am job hunting. I don't have a timeline for CCNP but I plan to take the first CCNA test in January and the second in June 2014.
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I studied 2 months for the ICND1, and 3 months for the ICND2.
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    CarnbyCarnby Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It took me 2 hours a day for 60 to 70 days. On the weekends I studied 4 to 6 hours each day.