Options

what now?

netcom2000netcom2000 Member Posts: 117
I've got Network +, now is it best to take other Comptia's or do CCNA, or go for MCP's ? icon_rolleyes.gif
Future planned exams are as follows: CCNA, Windows 2003 Server 70-290

"Like the Roman, I see the Tiber foaming with so much blood"

Enoch Powell 1968

"We died in hell, they called it Passchendaele"

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    What do you want to do in IT? What kind of experience do you have?
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    netcom2000netcom2000 Member Posts: 117
    My experience is based on 1st and 2nd level support, hardware hands on, and software, lots of general networking, and have done a few jobs on the side, i.e local companies, so basicaly IT support.

I would like to eventualy work with servers, i.e 2000, 2003, so want to do those, and obviously CNNA, as in the UK this is recognised as a good networking cert, especialy that many companies support Cisco products.
    Future planned exams are as follows: CCNA, Windows 2003 Server 70-290

"Like the Roman, I see the Tiber foaming with so much blood"

Enoch Powell 1968

"We died in hell, they called it Passchendaele"
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Since you posted in the A+ area, are you considering A+?

Otherwise, if your looking for general CompTIA suggestions, consider Server+, Security+.

All depends on where you want to go in your career and what is needed in your area.

Since you are doing level 1 & 2 support, I would think you'd have considered (not that it is needed), but curious why you opted for NET+ first? There is no required order, and you are not the first to do it in this order, but just wondered. Seems like when people skip A+ they recon they will not need it....generally they are correct.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?