Options

Is the MCDST training course enough to pass?

ITGuy88ITGuy88 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Ive seen the Microsoft offered MCDST traing material for free on their website. Does anyone think this material is sufficient enough for a pass?

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    That's what I used for 271. I went through the course twice, to make sure I knew enough.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    I used the ms press books for both exams... icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    ferebeemferebeem Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed both test in the high 800s. Study material was M$ and several pratice test. I also took QuickCert course.
  • Options
    NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    4 people in my dept. passed the exam with just one week of studying. We all have a background in IT from 1 year to 10 plus years. So as long as you have some background in IT and maybe pick up a book then you should be fine. Most of the questions are common sense.
  • Options
    WiverWiver Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi everyone!

I just wanted to get any advise or idea on preparing for this exams. I have background on IT and computer troubleshooting... I work at a callcenter and have been on the tech field... I am reading the 2 MS Press books, but perhaps I could get any advise from you guys... I am looking forward to get more MS or other certifications, but I should start from the simple stuff.,

Thanks for your time.
    Juan
  • Options
    lmanuszak2lmanuszak2 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Does anyone have the link for the free material from MS for the MCDST?
  • Options
    lmanuszak2lmanuszak2 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I thought that course had expired. It's a good course, covers all the material you need to know for both exams.
    i remain, he who remains to be....