Options

Masters in Business Process Innovation?

blinkme323blinkme323 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey Everyone,

I was wondering if you could tell me your thoughts on this degree, apparently it is one of the only of its kind in the country. I have my undergrad in MIS from Widener, so that's kind of why this caught my eye:

Widener University | MS in Business Process Innovation

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wow, the name of the degree will certainly catch the eye. I would love to have that degree on my resume :D . I think based on the description it would be something that might help one move towards a position that involves both IT and Business. Quite possibly, if paired with the right experience it would be something that a CIO might have?

Looks cool for sure! The one downside I guess is that it seems to have a very high focus on SAP. I have no clue on SAP in general so take this as a grain of salt but it seems a little weird to design a degree around one software program (no matter how huge it is).

Anyways, just my first impression! :)
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Definitely interesting and I'd figure that SAP's foothold in the Philadelphia region is why they aligned the degree towards that (plus perhaps they are a partner and are sending their employees there for education). Beyond that, the course work seems to align more towards a traditional Masters in Information Systems degree.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses so far. Yeah, it seems like this degree would really stand out on a resume. It's also only 30cr to complete, so nothing crazy there.
  • Options
    TerminalBTerminalB Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wow, this is really interesting. Looks like it covers many different facets of IT and business. Do you know if this is 100% online?
  • Options
    TerminalB wrote: »
    Wow, this is really interesting. Looks like it covers many different facets of IT and business. Do you know if this is 100% online?

Yep, my understanding is that the program can betaken 100% online. I have sent them an email for verification on this.
  • Options
    TerminalBTerminalB Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but has anyone confirmed whether this course is 100% online? I have my job squared away now, so I'm exploring some different options for my Masters.
  • Options
    TerminalB wrote: »
    Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but has anyone confirmed whether this course is 100% online? I have my job squared away now, so I'm exploring some different options for my Masters.

Yes, it is completely online.