Options

World Wide Tech Services

--chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
Anyone work for them?

Worldwide TechServices | Leading Technology Service Provider

I sent my info in yesterday, more so for curiosity and to see what the deal is. I was contacted this morning by Tracey in the app processing department and he explained the details to me. Seems like a pretty decent setup, wages are slightly above average (considering they only require a HS diploma) and mileage reimbursement is $0.33/mile.

The position would be the "boots on the ground" tech support for Dell, HP, IBM and Lenovo consumer computers. No trouble shooting (that would all be done before you show up). You would go to the local parts depot (UPS pick up point) and get your parts for the day, go to a customers house and perform the work, then call in with a phone they give you to close the ticket or extend it depending on what needs to be done.

The work is up to 29 hours a week and after 90 days if you wanted you can qualify for a full time position at the same pay rate (if a full time spot is available). Most of the work is performed within 25 miles of where you live, but they said it could go up to 75 miles. You are paid for the mileage going to and from all the calls except the last one, unless it is beyond 40 miles from home. Your first week is spent in a webinar mon-fri 11-5 (eastern) which you are paid for. Tracey said you will have 7 hardware certs from Dell after the webinar, if that's worth anything.

I thought someone on here might be interested in this type of work. I found it on craigslist locally, but I think if you contact them they will be able to tell you if they need techs in your area....they seem pretty hard up.

I have some interest in it since I would be driving a lot less than I currently do, and the pay is $3/hour better than I make now but the scope of the work would be limited to just desktop/laptop repair where as right now I do a lot of systems admin/desktop support.