Exam schedualed!

--chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,516 ■■■■■□□□□□
October 21st @ 11:15 AM :) I will be taking the 801 at that time.

Any last minute pointers? I've been reading/preparing since July, I feel well prepared and I am currently spending 1-2 hours a day going over all the data that needs to be memorized and listening to Prof. Meser videos in my free time.


Comments

  • chipcreepchipcreep A+ Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm taking my 802 right around the same time that day.

    I would answer all the questions your positive about first and flag the ones you aren't sure about. Then spend the rest of the time focusing on the flagged questions. Then double/triple check your answers before your done.

    Good luck.
  • --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,516 ■■■■■□□□□□
    chipcreep wrote: »
    I'm taking my 802 right around the same time that day.

    I would answer all the questions your positive about first and flag the ones you aren't sure about. Then spend the rest of the time focusing on the flagged questions. Then double/triple check your answers before your done.

    Good luck.

    That sounds like a good plan, thanks for the tip.


  • SWtacomaSWtacoma Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just passed the 801. I suggest really focusing on networking especially things related to wireless. Also being able to name every piece of hardware in a computer will be very helpful as well as knowing your different cables as well as their speeds. I found some of the questions may add extra information that is not important to throw you off. Make sure you read carefully. Overall it was a straight foward test if you studied the objectives. I didn't second guess myself on too many questions. Good Luck!
  • nslookupnslookup Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,516 ■■■■■□□□□□
    SWtacoma wrote: »
    I just passed the 801. I suggest really focusing on networking especially things related to wireless. Also being able to name every piece of hardware in a computer will be very helpful as well as knowing your different cables as well as their speeds. I found some of the questions may add extra information that is not important to throw you off. Make sure you read carefully. Overall it was a straight foward test if you studied the objectives. I didn't second guess myself on too many questions. Good Luck!

    I passed it today :) I was very surprised at the lack of networking problems.

    Is the exam "adaptive" in that it changes the next question based on your previous answers? It seemed to really focus in on one subject for the last 30 questions.


  • chipcreepchipcreep A+ Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations.

    Passed the 802 today as well...but barely. Eeesh.
  • --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,516 ■■■■■□□□□□
    chipcreep wrote: »
    Congratulations.

    Passed the 802 today as well...but barely. Eeesh.

    CONGRATS!

    The 801 was more difficult than than I anticipated. I think people like us aim for perfection though, maybe thats why they feel overly difficult.

    There were two questions with terms I have never seen in any A+ prep material nor in any video. Is it possible those were questions that were not graded?


  • chipcreepchipcreep A+ Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks!

    There are some questions that aren't graded that I believe are used to see where you stand. Not exactly sure. CompTIA (and probably others) are mysterious in their ways.
  • --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,516 ■■■■■□□□□□
    chipcreep wrote: »
    Thanks!

    There are some questions that aren't graded that I believe are used to see where you stand. Not exactly sure. CompTIA (and probably others) are mysterious in their ways.

    There was an explanation of the ungraded portion during the initial screens in the test, but I am unsure if that stuff falls under the NDA? If it doesn't, Id like to try and figure out what the hell that word means lol.


  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Senior Member EuropeMember Posts: 1,008 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    من طلب عزائم الأمور ، هان عليه بذل النفس فيها - محمد إبن ابي عامر
    www.keyboardbanger.com
  • DissonantDataDissonantData Member Posts: 158
    Congrats! What was the most useful study material for you? I watched the messer videos once and took notes. I am now planning to go over the exam cram practice questions. Were the questions similar to the ones you did on practice tests?
  • --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,516 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Thanks guys!

    The most useful (by a slim margin) was the exam cram book, then the messer vids, then the pearson vue testing software that came with the exam cram book. Not that any of them were bad, but that's where I would place their efficiency for me.

    Honestly, some of the questions in the pearson vue practice test software were VERY similar too the real test. I had one question that I think was word for word. Im sure that was an accident...

    If I had it to do over again, I would not have used the exam cram as my primary source of info. I would use Meyers 1200 page manual, read that! I am using it in one of my classes and it hits on EVERYTHING. Some of the things I seen on the test were not in the Exam Cram book, but they are in the meyers book.


  • Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    There is no doubt that you are ready for the exam seeing the amount of time you have spent studying, but for the time being i think you should start manipulating objects just get more hands on training to get you prepared for those performance based questions.

    Good luck for both exams!!!!icon_wink.gif
  • --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,516 ■■■■■□□□□□
    802 scheduled for Monday the 11th :)


  • mr.memr.me Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,516 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I just bumped it up too Nov 5th. I am prepared, no need to string this out.


Sign In or Register to comment.