Options

Passed VCP5-DCV!

tstrip007tstrip007 Member Posts: 308 ■■■■□□□□□□
Took my second attempt today and passed it scoring a 425!

This is my first certification and very happy to get through it. I was much more prepared this time and knew the level of difficulty I would expect. When I went in the first time I was expecting questions to be similar to the practice exams online and they turned out to be FAR from that. I was shocked at the level of difficulty and ended up spending way to much time on questions.

Over the past week I prepared by strictly using the blueprint combined with the official documentation and using my home lab to have a visual for all the information.

A little advice that I can give when taking the test is ... Read every word of the question and read every answer choice. If you are prepared you will notice answer choices that are very incorrect thereby making it much easier to select the correct answers.

Will be starting my preparation for the CCNA after a small break. As always, thanks to everyone that contributes to this forum.

Comments

• Options
    TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    icon_thumright.gif W2G!!! Congrats!
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats and thanks for the advice. This will be my first 2014 cert.
  • Options
    ElevenBravoElevenBravo Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey, congrats man! I got my VCP4-DCV yesterday - got around to finally taking the exam! Now, I'm on my way to the 5 and eyeing up the VCP4-DT cert as well since I'm a huge View fan!
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats and good luck with the CCNA!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    TheProfTheProf Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 331 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good stuff! Congrats :)
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. @Bravo - good luck with 5 and DT. I plan on getting the CCNA and 70-640 before coming back to vmware for the AP's and possibly the DT.
  • Options
    mjnk77mjnk77 Member Posts: 164 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!! I just started taking the VCP5 class, which runs until December. Hoping to sit for the exam middle to end of December or early January.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

I just finished my vSphere course training today and have been studying for a few months and I'm hoping to knock it out by the end of the year!! icon_cool.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    BGravesBGraves Member Posts: 339
  • Options
    MagmadragoonMagmadragoon Member Posts: 172 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congratulations
  • Options
    MikdillyMikdilly Member Posts: 309
    Congrats on your pass, did you receive any acknowledgement from VMware or Pearson for passing the exam?
  • Options
    Mikdilly wrote: »
    Congrats on your pass, did you receive any acknowledgement from VMware or Pearson for passing the exam?

Yah the pdf version of my certification was posted to my transcripts that night.

Edit: Is that what your talking about?
  • Options
    MikdillyMikdilly Member Posts: 309
    Was looking for an email from VMware acknowledging the exam and what to do next, it just came yesterday. There was a problem at the testing site, the receptionist's printer didn't work and couldn't log into VMware to check anything. Was getting a little freaked out that the test never even happened. Thanks
  • Options
    j23evanj23evan Member Posts: 135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    tstrip007 wrote: »
    Took my second attempt today and passed it scoring a 425!

This is my first certification and very happy to get through it. I was much more prepared this time and knew the level of difficulty I would expect. When I went in the first time I was expecting questions to be similar to the practice exams online and they turned out to be FAR from that. I was shocked at the level of difficulty and ended up spending way to much time on questions.

Over the past week I prepared by strictly using the blueprint combined with the official documentation and using my home lab to have a visual for all the information.

A little advice that I can give when taking the test is ... Read every word of the question and read every answer choice. If you are prepared you will notice answer choices that are very incorrect thereby making it much easier to select the correct answers.

Will be starting my preparation for the CCNA after a small break. As always, thanks to everyone that contributes to this forum.

Congrats on the pass! I encountered the same shock when I first sat the exam and crashed and burned. The second time I was ready for em.
    https://vWrong.com - Microsoft Certified Trainer 2013-2018 - VMware vExpert 2014-2018 - Cisco Champion 2018 - http://linkedin.com/in/j23evan/
  • Options
    kj0kj0 Member Posts: 767
    If only you were doing A+, you could have fixed the printer for the receptionist and got extra cedit ;)

Good job, congrats.
    2017 Goals: VCP6-DCV | VCIX
    Blog: https://readysetvirtual.wordpress.com