Options

What vendor should i check out after A+ N+ and S+.

Am curious to which vendor is interesting to work for cisco, microsoft, oracle? what which one focuses on?
1776 is the answer to 1984!

Comments

• Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Depends on what you want lol.
    If you want to work with Cisco go the Cisco route etc.

ou can possibly get the entry level certs for multiple vendors to have a good foundation
  • Options
    NovaHaxNovaHax Member Posts: 502 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Personally, out of those choices, I'd pick Cisco or Oracle. But that's just personal opinion. What are you interested in? They kinda fall into three different fields...
    Cisco = Networking
    Oracle = Database Admin
    Microsoft = System Admin
  • Options
    grave_diggergrave_digger Member Posts: 127
    I like networking the physical stuff the logical set up work
  • Options
    PCSPrestonPCSPreston Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 127
    You can start with Microsoft to get your feet wet from the user end and then I would go NOC to get the start from finish feel and then you can better understand the entire troubleshooting process. NOC though if you only want the networking side of things. I will be heading to that after several years as a system admin role.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I would definitely recommend Cisco since networking seems to be your specialty!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Agree with DKG Cisco all the way if you are interested in networking.
  • Options
    BGravesBGraves Member Posts: 339
    Cisco is an excellent route for a vendor specific cert that also provides detailed networking information/understanding. To pass a Cisco cert you REALLY have to know your stuff, so it's great practice and even better if you are already doing the work. If by physical you mean cabling and related aspects, perhaps a BICSI ITS1 Installer is a good place to start, as they provide great training/study for the cabling aspect/installation.
  • Options
    grave_diggergrave_digger Member Posts: 127
    PCSPreston wrote: »
    You can start with Microsoft to get your feet wet from the user end and then I would go NOC to get the start from finish feel and then you can better understand the entire troubleshooting process. NOC though if you only want the networking side of things. I will be heading to that after several years as a system admin role.
    whats NOC?
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Network Operations Center.