Options

Passed 70-685

fadeinthemixfadeinthemix Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello Guys,
Finally got around to sitting the exam and got a 825...
Thank god lol but all the information helped me greatly, thanks TE.
Now that I have MCSA Win 7 what should I go for next?

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

What area do you want to specialize? Security? Networking?
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Security/Sysadmin
  • Options
    I would recommend going towards the Security+/MCSE
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    I passed 410 already should I nail out 411 and 412 then?
  • Options
    You may as well :)

• Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    bub9001bub9001 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    what should I go for next?

I would think MCSE would be a good next step. I think the Security+ would be a easy exam for you and can be used to take a short break from Microsoft exams if your getting burnt out. Other wise press through and get your MCSE while you have the study knowledge in place. The MCSE is a higher level certification that looks good (along with job experience) on a resume, or even for your current employer.

oh, and congrads on your 70-685. Any words of wisdom (things that helped you get over the bar) for someone a few months out?

Thanks ahead of time.
    “You were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” - Zig Ziglar

Goals for 2019: CEH, and CND
    Goals for 2019: CCNA or ECSA
  • Options
    I was lucky enough to have an employer to give me a CBTnuggets license with Practice exams.
    but before that I labbed a lot, on Windows 8 Hyper V and virtual labs here.
    TechNet Virtual Labs
  • Options
    bub9001bub9001 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was lucky enough to have an employer to give me a CBTnuggets license with Practice exams.
    but before that I labbed a lot, on Windows 8 Hyper V and virtual labs here.
    TechNet Virtual Labs

You and me both, my employer has done the same by purchasing CBTnuggets licensing as well. So I am guessing from your reply you felt it was well worth your time to do the practice exams and all in CBTnuggets. I have already watched all the CBTnuggets video's from 70-685 and have started my labbing as well. I am also reading through Darril Gibson's book to help solidify info that the CBT video's don't go into great detail on.

Anything else you felt helped? Thanks again.
    “You were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” - Zig Ziglar

Goals for 2019: CEH, and CND
    Goals for 2019: CCNA or ECSA
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Network issues are more evident in this exam then the 680.