Options

Interview tomorrow - Information Security Analyst

[FONT=&quot]Job Description[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Responsible for monitoring and analyzing information security events to ensure a consistent and coordinated response to ongoing security threats. Provide traige level response to incidents identified as a threat to the confidentiality, integrity and availability of intellectual property, customer information or employee's personal identifiable information.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Monitor and triage security events from the incident response queue[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Conduct technical analysis of computer security incidents as it relates to malware, intrusion attempts, and system level log analysis[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Document incidents in the Incident Management System[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Document incident response processes and procedures to support a unified response capability[/FONT]

I have an interview tomorrow for an Information Security Analyst.

It talks about Incident Management Systems. - Could anyone please name a few used in large enterprises !

Thanks A lot ! In case of any tips on the interview please do reply to the post !
Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

Comments

• Options
    BGravesBGraves Member Posts: 339
    Good luck!
    Interview tips I use? Ahh..Smile! Try to remember to breathe! Relax!
    Interviewers are normal people, wanting to know if you are what your resume reflects, if you can fit into the culture/environment well, etc. Be yourself!
    I always like to google interview tips before I go, brush up on my skills, try to get some insight into the purpose of their questions and how best to present an answer!
    Obviously, you're going to need to have a technical understanding of the above job requirements. Seems like it could be a lot of "What to do in case of..."
    "How do you handle a Virus or other issue, how comfortable are you with reviewing event/security logs, how skilled are you at documenting steps/processes, etc. "
    I'm sure there are other security folks that can give you more in depth answers too! Good luck!
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    There are a few things that I would expect on an interview like that:

It is not unlikely that they will ask you about incident response techniques. What will you do when there is an emergency? I think your thought process will be of prime importance as positions like this require someone who can think fast and make critical decisions in real time. Disaster recovery will be something that can also make its way into the conversation. You have this attack targeting those resources, what do you do?

As far as the IMS, I tend to think about standards on this one - ISO for example.

Best of luck on the interview!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Here is a great thread posted here by YFZBlu, http://www.techexams.net/forums/jobs-degrees/90294-security-analyst-interview-some-what-you-need-know.html and a great article Information Security Interview Questions | Daniel Miessler.

As far as incident management systems (ticket management), my employer (one of the nations largest banks and financial firms) uses quite a few including BMC Remedy ITSM, Maximo, Oracle Identity Manager. If that's what it means by incident management system.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm jealous!!! I'm looking to transfer out of Network Engineering into InfoSec in my area, aren't too many openings available at the moment. Good Luck on the interview!!! I'm sure you'll knock it outta the park! icon_thumright.gif
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration