Options

CCIE v5 Lab

Comments

• Options
    amb1s1amb1s1 Member Posts: 408
    down77 wrote: »

Great video, PFR look like a fun technology.

Here is more info about the V5:

Routing and Switching CCIE Version 5 Update

"You will not need to buy 2911′s or 3750x’s to prepare and can use any relatively newer router or switch to prepare or use a virtualized environment (IOL/IOU/VIRL, GNS3, CSR)."
    David G.
    http://gomezd.com <
    My Tshoot test Blog
    http://twitter.com/ipnet255
  • Options
    amb1s1amb1s1 Member Posts: 408
    The lab will have a troubleshooting, diagnostic and configuration section. What about that? Another section to worry.
    David G.
    http://gomezd.com <
    My Tshoot test Blog
    http://twitter.com/ipnet255
  • Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think it's great, everything they add is just more stuff for me to learn and use as a tool in work.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    EdTheLad wrote: »
    I think it's great, everything they add is just more stuff for me to learn and use as a tool in work.

And your the first one to show this attitude outside of the INE guys. Everyone else is just like "whine, whine, more stuff to learn, oh no I'll never be a CCIE at this rate, moan, moan" - Which I think is the totally wrong attitude IMO.
  • Options
    carterw65carterw65 Member Posts: 318 ■■■□□□□□□□
    INE has removed the blog post and links to the v5 posting. Wonder whats up?
  • Options
    carterw65 wrote: »
    INE has removed the blog post and links to the v5 posting. Wonder whats up?

I wonder this too. Cisco must have asked them to take it down. Some other site on the internet claims the announcement will not be until Milan in Jan 2014.

This makes a v4.0 attempt still viable for me.
  • Options
    spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    They got a letter from the vendor to remove the information.

Same thing occurred with them prematurely announcing the collaboration change.
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i went looking for the post as well. i'm wondering what the diagnostic is myself. hope its not the return of OEQ
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    keenon wrote: »
    i went looking for the post as well. i'm wondering what the diagnostic is myself. hope its not the return of OEQ

I'm guessing it'll be advanced debugging with filtering to show you know what/how to diagnose complex issues.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • Options
    razarrazar Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi Guys, just wondering if there's any updates on this. I haven't started my ccie yet but hope to start in Q1 next year. So will all the vendors (INE etc)be releasing new training materials for this?
  • Options
    I haven't heard anything. INE will be releasing this month they said, but they pulled down there post on it.
  • Options
    As far as everyone knows, there is no v5 yet.

Until Cisco have made an announcement I'm not sure what we can confirm for sure.
  • Options
    KelkinKelkin Member Posts: 261 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yea so until its actually announced.. Push on brothas and sistas!
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I thought that Cisco made the announcement already. So I'm hoping to complete my ccnp next month, I guess I'll wait until Jan/Feb to find out what's going on with v5 hen as I don't want to make a start learning materials that will no longer be covered.
  • Options
    razar, you can still study things like OSPF, Eigrp, BGP etc... INE said that 90% of v4 won't change.
  • Options
    routergodsroutergods Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Cisco didn't make the announcement, but they posted a Cisco Live Milan session about V5. INE looked at the session info and ran with the ball with their blog post.

So the general public started taking the INE blog post as gospel, until "someone" put an end to that.

You will be ok.. just continue your studies like usual and wait for the riff-raff to die down.
  • Options
    Well however the information was derived is really irrelevant. The fact is, there will still be the main routing protocols, QoS, Tunnels, etc.... Just keep on studying these types of things. All we really know is Cisco will have a v5 session in Milan.

I myself and going forward with the v4 blueprint and taking the lab in Apr. If I have to change gears between now and then, so be it.
  • Options
    PsychoFinPsychoFin Member Posts: 280
    It's funny how people freak out, and in the end 20 or so percent will change. Technology is still technology.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice guys, my only issue is training material. If I buy something now then it won't have the v5 additions in it unless the training vendors will provide free updates of this.
  • Options
    64:61:6e64:61:6e Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    razar wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice guys, my only issue is training material. If I buy something now then it won't have the v5 additions in it unless the training vendors will provide free updates of this.

If you purchase anything from INE now, they have always stated that you will receive the updated materials. In past history, that has always been the case for me. They even mentioned it in the comments in the blog post while it was around.

I believe IPexpert would also provide updated materials for no additional cost.

I sent a message to Micronics (Narbik) and they stated that they will have materials available for v5 once it's announced or shortly after but there would be an upgrade fee but am not sure what that fee would be.

I think you would be safe purchasing materials to begin your studies. When in doubt, ask the vendor what their update policy is.
    CCIE-DC Written - Q1 2015
    CCIE-DC Lab - Q3/Q4 2015

• Options
    spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    INE is definitely a great vendor. Generous course reseat and material/lab book policy when compared to the others.

I think people need to relax since nothing has been officially said. We're just passing around scuttle.
  • Options
    I think people need to relax since nothing has been officially said. We're just passing around scuttle.

And until something comes out then all we can do is just carry on :)
  • Options
    HP_GuyHP_Guy Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
    gorebrush wrote: »
    Well buying 3 more 1841's will set me back another £120 which isn't the end of the world.

Where from?
  • Options
  • Options
    HP_GuyHP_Guy Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
    gorebrush wrote: »
    eBay...

Wow! So they are. They must've come down fairly recently. I'm sure they were around the £100 mark last time I checked :)
  • Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wow, thanks for that, i've been waiting for this. I'm happy with the changes.June 3rd last day for lab and written, June 4th first day for new lab and written.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    June 3rd!

That's pretty amazing. I was always going to head for September thinking that I'd skip v4. This was on the assumption that the last v4 would have been in March.

I've now got a lab slot for May 28th in Belgium, and that for me feels like an achievable date. At least I now know for sure, and I can carry on with all the equipment that I've got. Having to learn v15 wouldn't have been the end of the world, but having a date set in stone sure helps with my motivation. Does however mean that if I fail the first attempt then it'll be a short while before I take the 2nd attempt, but we'll worry about that later.
  • Options
    Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    Wow... DMVPN's, IS-IS, Diagnostic section and many more wow
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com