Options

WGU TYC1 Introduction to Object-Oriented Design and Development - passed

NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
I passed the new WGU Java objective assessment today. The pre-assessment is a good representation of what you need to know for the actual assessment. The supplied Lynda.com was actually pretty good.
When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.

Comments

• Options
    ratbuddyratbuddy Member Posts: 665
    Hey, congrats.
  • Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • Options
    SolitonSoliton Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats bud. Did you enjoy the course?
    ~ A+ - Passed ~ CCNA - In Progress
    Your Recommended daily dose of security and privacy -> My Blog
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratz!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    CoolAsAFanCoolAsAFan Member Posts: 239
    Congrats, thanks for the info!
    IvyTech - AS CINS (Completed: May, 2013)
    WGU Indiana - BS IT Security
    (Started: August 1st, 2013)

Transferred: AGC1 CDP1 BVC1 CLC1 CVV1 DHV1 DJV1 GAC1 CIC1 CDC1 UBT1 IWC1 IWT1 TCP1 TJP1 TJC1 EBV1 WFV1 EUP1 EUC1 CJC1 UBC1 TBP1
    Completed: CUV1 BOV1 DRV1 DSV1 CTV1 CJV1 COV1 CQV1 CNV1 TPV1 MGC1 TXC1 TXP1 BNC1 TYP1 TYC1
    Required:
    SBT1 RGT1 RIT1
  • Options
    Thanks guys. Mostly I just wanted to share my experience since this is a new course. I recommend stacking this course with TYP1 - Project in Object-Oriented Design and Development. I did all my studying of UML and the supplied Head First book while preparing to complete the assessment for TYP1 so I did not have very much to follow up with for TYC1.

As soon as I passed TYP1, I took the TYC1 pre-exam then spent 2 weeks studying the areas identified by the coaching report. I really liked the supplied Lynda.com and feel like I learned a lot given what the coaching report identified. Be prepared for convoluted code samples on this one.
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @CarlSaiyed - congrats on the pass - I take it UML plays a big role in the TYC1 exam (no need to respond - lol). Thanks for the heads up! I have the TYP1 program written and ready to submit at the start of the new term on Nov 1 - just the two exams, TXC1 and TYC1, to go after that and I'll be done with Java!
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    CarlSaiyed wrote:
    I would be happy to give you a referral. I think you just list me, but let me check.

@CarlSaiyed - you may not remember the above PM, but I do - 13 CU left to go until graduation - thanks again!
  • Options
    @Ivanjam You definitely should study the provided UML stuff. I found a site I liked better than Sparx - I will post the link later tonight if I can find it. Glad to see you are coming along so well in your studies! I still have 50 CU to go.
  • Options
    Here is the UML guide I found helpful: UML Diagram Types With Examples for Each Type of UML Diagrams
  • Options
    @CarlSaiyed - thanks for that link.
  • Options
    Hunter-MHunter-M Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just passed the TYC1 exam 3 days ago with a good score. It was a redo from when I first did it two months ago.
    My mentor said many students tend to redo this exam because you really need to know and understand object oriented development. UML was one of the least prominent topics on the exam and is easy to understand. Most of the questions are on inheritance and polymorphism, objects and classes and collections/ data structures.
  • Options
    @Hunter-M Congratulations! What's next?
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63